Author Topic: No fuel in Britain?  (Read 6824 times)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: No fuel in Britain?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2021, 09:01:36 AM »

Meanwhile, ATM I'm sure all the electric car drivers are laughing...

The local petrol station also houses a Spar and Post Office. I did indeed feel a touch of smugness as I sailed past the half-mile petrol queue the other day in the Tesla to go to the Post Office. I bought a sandwich and a coffee and just as I was paying the power went out. Smugness disappeared in a poof.

Welcome to England in 1975 2021

:o
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline molesworth

• Mars
  • the curse of st custards
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2021, 05:10:26 AM »

The local petrol station also houses a Spar and Post Office. I did indeed feel a touch of smugness as I sailed past the half-mile petrol queue the other day in the Tesla to go to the Post Office. I bought a sandwich and a coffee and just as I was paying the power went out. Smugness disappeared in a poof.

;D  That's the gods of electrickery punishing you for your schadenfreude...
Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2021, 05:01:33 PM »

;D  That's the gods of electrickery punishing you for your schadenfreude...

;D ;D ;D ;D
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov