Author Topic: Youtube helping?  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Willoughby

• Venus
Youtube helping?
« on: December 19, 2018, 11:44:37 AM »
I'm noticing that most Youtube videos that are about the lunar landings (even if the video's intent is to propagate the hoax), there is a blurb right below the video window which links to the Encyclopedia Britannica's article on the Apollo space program.  I don't know if this is a personalized ad for just me, or if this is an attempt by Youtube to educate people.  Anyone else seeing this?

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Youtube helping?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 12:25:54 PM »
I have the same link on my YouTube.  Perhaps the editors are trying to educate the BS that has been presented for I don't know how long.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: Youtube helping?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 12:52:26 PM »
Yes, it was announced earlier this year in an attempt to stamp down on conspiracy theories and fake news

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/9/17550954/youtube-google-news-initiative-fake-news-conspiracy-theory-context-updates
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov