Author Topic: What becomes of old 'friends'..  (Read 478817 times)

Offline ineluki

• Earth
Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #435 on: January 30, 2013, 08:15:36 AM »
He's also claiming to have lived in Istambul. That's Istambul, not Comstamtimople.

I guess he is somewhat stuck in a past century, but can't even get that right
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_Istanbul#Stamboul

Offline pzkpfw

• Venus
« Reply #436 on: January 30, 2013, 02:38:35 PM »
That was very interesting.

He gets told to stop bringing up his "secret army" nonsense, and makes his largest most detailed post in response.

It's as though "I'm not allowed to talk about X" makes "X" his biggest 'evidence', or maybe the "I'm not allowed to talk about..." part is itself somehow 'evidence'. Some kind of weird argument by proxy or something.

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #437 on: January 30, 2013, 03:10:58 PM »
I honestly have no idea what he is doing in those threads.  My best guess is that he doesn't either.

It is possible he is being conciliatory/playing both sides of the fence because the nature of his mission is fact-gathering.  Oh, not in the way we mean it.  I mean getting other people to hand him technical-sounding terms and the titles of documents he won't bother to read and the names of people he can pretend to be in contact with, so he can take it somewhere else and look all impressive and stuffs with his leet research skills.

That someplace else might even be a book, but I'm pretty sure the book is more an inchoate idea than something he's actually made an outline for, much less researched publishers for.

More likely is that he just wants to be part of the argument, and better yet, be accepted/appreciated for his wit and knowledge.  So he doesn't really care which way he argues at any one moment, as long as he can stay in the room and look good doing it.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #438 on: January 30, 2013, 03:35:46 PM »
I mean getting other people to hand him technical-sounding terms and the titles of documents he won't bother to read and the names of people he can pretend to be in contact with, so he can take it somewhere else and look all impressive and stuffs with his leet research skills.

That was Tekeli's m.o. at JREF.  He would pump his critics for details, then wait a bit and regurgitate them as if he had known about them all along.

More likely is that he just wants to be part of the argument, and better yet, be accepted/appreciated for his wit and knowledge.

I agree; he definitely shows the signs of the ego-driven conspiracist.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #439 on: January 31, 2013, 02:05:04 AM »
Think I've figured out one of the things that makes him so instantly recognizable.

It's a Bulwer-Lytton contest effect.  You know how there are two kinds of people who enter that contest; good writers pretending to be bad writers, and bad writers trying to be good writers pretending to be bad writers.

Doctor Socks likes creating socks that aren't as educated as he fancies himself to be.  And they all end up sounding alike; there's a common faux-naivete driven by the dual engines of failure to understand the people he is trying to imitate, and gaps in his own understanding of the language.

Offline slang

• Venus
« Reply #440 on: February 08, 2013, 01:43:35 PM »
Now Tekeli is chomping at the bit to introduce his "militarized Apollo" theory.  We'll see if that doesn't give him away to the CQ mods.

"It's him! I just know it's him! He posts on the exact same topic!" is not always enough to get concensus for using the sock-hammer without mercy. There are already enough people complaining about enforcement of the rules at CQ, adding immediate bans for possibly innocent newbie HB's wouldn't help. I know it can be frustrating, it is for us too. There are several other posters active whom I strongly suspect of being socks (not HB related), but we don't ban people when only one or two mods are convinced of them being socks and others do not agree.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #441 on: February 08, 2013, 01:57:54 PM »
Nice "work" on Jammin earlier today. He lasted just long enough to get banned.

Offline slang

• Venus
« Reply #442 on: February 08, 2013, 02:07:10 PM »
Nice "work" on Jammin earlier today. He lasted just long enough to get banned.

There were several other attempts that didn't even get that far. Such a pathetic person. Sad.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #443 on: February 08, 2013, 02:47:07 PM »
Maybe Patrick needs a *real* sock puppet. One he can sit on a chair facing him, and explain all about his theories. Every now and then, he can reach over and move the head, so that it nods in agreement.

He really does have an incredible compulsion to keep propounding his theories.

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #444 on: February 08, 2013, 04:59:29 PM »
Maybe Patrick needs a *real* sock puppet. One he can sit on a chair facing him, and explain all about his theories. Every now and then, he can reach over and move the head, so that it nods in agreement.

All this talk of sock puppets puts me in mind of Mr Flibble!

Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline ChrLz

• Earth
« Reply #445 on: February 08, 2013, 05:30:50 PM »
And over at ATS, Patrick has exploded again, using the following names:
albertstapleton
bobbybluebland
armstrongheinyleak
hymiespankington
bormanwrinklerump

...  I kid you not..  He's also got another YT channel in the name of Ted Dooley.

It's all going to end VERY badly, Patrick Tekeli.  You've ignored repeated suggestions to seek help, so I'm probably wasting my time, but ..

Do you ever look at yourself and what you post?  Are you proud?

Is there someone in your life you truly respect and look up to?  My challenge to you is to show that person what you are doing.

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #446 on: February 08, 2013, 05:46:11 PM »

All this talk of sock puppets puts me in mind of Mr Flibble!

I get chills when I think of Patrick with that much power.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #447 on: February 08, 2013, 07:14:27 PM »
albertstapleton
bobbybluebland
armstrongheinyleak
hymiespankington
bormanwrinklerump

...  I kid you not..  He's also got another YT channel in the name of Ted Dooley.

It's all going to end VERY badly, Patrick Tekeli.  You've ignored repeated suggestions to seek help, so I'm probably wasting my time, but ..

Do you ever look at yourself and what you post?  Are you proud?

Is there someone in your life you truly respect and look up to?  My challenge to you is to show that person what you are doing.
Ah, the Ted Dooley persona. Again.

Offline slang

• Venus
« Reply #448 on: February 08, 2013, 07:32:24 PM »
albertstapleton
bobbybluebland
armstrongheinyleak
hymiespankington
bormanwrinklerump

Some more names for the interested:
antiantigravity
Bobbybabybobby
chrisbobson
clingon
fireside
jammin
snodgrass
thaddius

I kind of feel sorry for him, typing up loads of posts, and most of it never appears on anyone's screen. So much time wasted...

Offline Trebor

• Earth
« Reply #449 on: February 08, 2013, 08:30:03 PM »
And over at ATS, ...

Never been there, is it anything like the David Icke forums?
If so I'm not sure I want to.