Author Topic: jr Knowing's faked Apollo visuals  (Read 43170 times)

Offline jfb

• Mars
Re: jr Knowing's faked Apollo visuals
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2019, 11:35:43 AM »
From what i've read he won't be back will he !!
I've been informed by Jr. that his response to the questions is imminent. But we'll see...

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
Huh. Either he's not answering the questions and hence not getting through moderation, or his idea of "imminent" comes from the crazy guys on the street holding "the end is nigh!" signs.

I'm sure he's busily answering questions, just not the ones being asked, so they're not making it through the LO filter.

The question he wants to answer is "who faked the moon landings and why" (Kubrick, $$$$).  He's more than ready to answer that question.  I'm sure he's written entire volumes in response to that question. 

He most emphatically does not want to answer the question "how do you know these images were faked (retouched, composited, shot on a soundstage, etc.)?" because that requires actual work, not spinning yarns out of pure fantasy. 

Offline NthBrick

• Venus
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2019, 09:32:56 PM »
From what i've read he won't be back will he !!
I've been informed by Jr. that his response to the questions is imminent. But we'll see...

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
Huh. Either he's not answering the questions and hence not getting through moderation, or his idea of "imminent" comes from the crazy guys on the street holding "the end is nigh!" signs.

I'm sure he's busily answering questions, just not the ones being asked, so they're not making it through the LO filter.

The question he wants to answer is "who faked the moon landings and why" (Kubrick, $$$$).  He's more than ready to answer that question.  I'm sure he's written entire volumes in response to that question. 

He most emphatically does not want to answer the question "how do you know these images were faked (retouched, composited, shot on a soundstage, etc.)?" because that requires actual work, not spinning yarns out of pure fantasy.
In short, he's put his conclusions before his evidence. A tale as old as time.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2019, 05:16:17 AM »

Given that he's not been on the board since September 23 I doubt.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2019, 11:11:18 AM »
What I suppose a lot of HBs don't realize is that, when we ask why the landings were faked, we don't mean what they think we mean.  What we mean is "why didn't they just really go?"  Because that is actually a reasonable question.  Okay, if they couldn't go, I'm sure you can come up with all sorts of reasons they would have faked it instead, though of course they don't hold up on the grounds of other people would find out, but whatever.  However, what we are looking for is also more than just "searing radiation hell."  We're looking for something that's actually been worked out, with scientific rigor, that will hold up as to why it theoretically would have been impossible for NASA to actually just send a rocket to the Moon.

Of course, if they were capable of working that out--and let's acknowledge here that I'm certainly not--they'd also be able to work out that they're wrong and that it was entirely possible.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2019, 05:27:13 PM »
I wonder if LO can tell us if JR even made the attempt. Just idly curious, LO is certainly free to tell me to MYOB.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2019, 06:08:54 PM »
I wonder if LO can tell us if JR even made the attempt. Just idly curious, LO is certainly free to tell me to MYOB.
He hasn't even been active since (as of this post) late September 2019, so I have my doubts of him making his big, mind blowing, announcement any time soon.

Offline NthBrick

• Venus
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2019, 07:54:16 PM »
He hasn't even been active since (as of this post) late September 2019, so I have my doubts of him making his big, mind blowing, announcement any time soon.
Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait another fifty years for "the truth" about Apollo to come out...

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2019, 08:51:40 PM »

No, he just never bothered. On September 22nd he asked me to create a new thread for his response so that it wouldn't be "buried in someone else's thread". He said he wanted to explain why he believes "the Apollo photos are suspect in a clear concise manner" and in "a new and unique take on the subject". I told him no, there was no need for a new thread so he'd have to post his responses in this one. He never responded. I guess he expected me to play his game and didn't like that I wouldn't.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2019, 07:42:18 AM »
Because he wanted to do what he always did: treat a new thread like a new start, pretend no other thread exists, so he can direct it down another tangent and pretend he has never been asked any other questions. I would surmise that his first post would have been a wall of text that we'd pick apart and then he could focus on the bits he wants to, ignore the rest, and complain that we are swamping him with questions he can't possibly address all of. He never wanted to discuss the actual evidence, only ever the inferences and supposed motives.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2019, 08:57:56 AM »
Like the majority of hoax nuts he is nothing more than an intellectual coward. He's emotionally wedded to his stance and his ego relies on having "special knowledge" and as such, is too damn cowardly to admit that he is both wrong and unwilling to learn.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2019, 10:22:20 AM »

No, he just never bothered. On September 22nd he asked me to create a new thread for his response so that it wouldn't be "buried in someone else's thread". He said he wanted to explain why he believes "the Apollo photos are suspect in a clear concise manner" and in "a new and unique take on the subject". I told him no, there was no need for a new thread so he'd have to post his responses in this one. He never responded. I guess he expected me to play his game and didn't like that I wouldn't.

Kudos to you. :)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2019, 11:22:17 AM »
Because he wanted to do what he always did: treat a new thread like a new start, pretend no other thread exists, so he can direct it down another tangent and pretend he has never been asked any other questions.

Exactly. Someone who came across his new thread would be unaware that he was avoiding questions asked in this thread, so it didn't make sense to me to start a new thread. He just wanted to lure me into starting yet another thread in the hopes that he'd answer the questions, but all we'd get from him is more unsupported nonsense.

It is in his best interests to answer the questions in the same thread where they were asked so that anyone who only reads this thread will see his answers. Anyone that didn't see his new thread would think he couldn't answer the questions and flounced... which is exactly where we are at today anyway.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline jfb

• Mars
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2019, 11:33:35 AM »

I honestly believe Jr couldn't be "clear and concise" if his life depended on it.  Everything needs to be told in terms of a story, with heroes and villains and stakes (which is what I meant by "narrative").  It can't simply be a matter of "this doesn't look right to me because these shadows don't line up like I expect", it has to be "NASA faked the visual record because reasons." 

IOW, he can't tell you why an image looks fake to him because it's not about the images themselves, it's about the reason they must be fake. 

As for "new and unique" - well, probably not here

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #118 on: November 08, 2019, 06:23:45 PM »
He just wanted to lure me into starting yet another thread...

Your appropriate refusal gives him a flimsy pretext to believe or argue that he's the victim of bias and heavy-handed moderation.  That way he can still tell himself he's an unsung genius who's being persecuted for his beliefs.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2019, 11:29:46 AM »
I'll admit to being slightly tempted to start a new thread myself in off-topic to discuss the differences between book and movie of The Shining, especially since I just read Doctor Sleep, because that was yet another place he was wrong.  But I've held off.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates