Author Topic: What becomes of old 'friends'..  (Read 478772 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #1125 on: July 19, 2018, 09:50:55 AM »
Didn't last long, though.  He's been banned already.

Fred

My CQ still shows him as a member, not banned, but I agree he displays the same behavior as Cosmored et. al.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Nowhere Man

• Venus
« Reply #1126 on: July 19, 2018, 09:10:54 PM »
My CQ still shows him as a member, not banned, but I agree he displays the same behavior as Cosmored et. al.
Too right you are.  I confused him with Dubbelosix.

Fred
Hey, you!  "It's" with an apostrophe means "it is" or "it has."  "Its" without an apostrophe means "belongs to it."

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
-- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #1127 on: July 19, 2018, 10:37:52 PM »
Too right you are.  I confused him with Dubbelosix.

Fred

But I think you are correct it is Cosmored.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #1129 on: July 23, 2018, 08:42:10 AM »
He's finally been banned. He was so obviously Cosmored, I wonder what took them so long.

ETA: So if they WERE two different people, Craig2 would be nabbed for plagiarism.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 08:45:56 AM by AtomicDog »
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #1130 on: July 23, 2018, 08:45:17 AM »
He's finally been banned. He was so obviously Cosmored, I wonder what took them so long.
No idea. I reported his posts multiple times. Felt like I was being ignored. In the last report I linked to the previous post.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #1131 on: July 23, 2018, 08:49:01 AM »
No idea. I reported his posts multiple times. Felt like I was being ignored. In the last report I linked to the previous post.

I had reported also and ask one of the mods if they had checked the address: Not definitive was the answer.

Since I have not ever looked at anyone's IP I don't know what the limitations are when searching, but good to see the mods took action and banned him.  I agree with all those that he was indeed Cosmored reincarnated again.
Eugene Cernan

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #1132 on: July 23, 2018, 09:18:40 AM »
He was so obviously Cosmored, I wonder what took them so long.

It's Cosmoquest... it was far more important to reprimand those who called him on his dishonesty, than acting on it...

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #1133 on: July 23, 2018, 03:16:22 PM »

It's Cosmoquest... it was far more important to reprimand those who called him on his dishonesty, than acting on it...

It was quickly obvious to everyone what was going on, I reported the posts I linked earlier and pointed out it was an obvious sock. I sure wasn't the first to report. Why take so long? Virtual "arms race" between mods and socks, I guess.

Offline MBDK

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #1134 on: July 24, 2018, 12:08:19 PM »

I know it is frustrating when that happens (I was reprimanded about the same time, but for a response to gunzlepug, I believe), however, I do think the priority to keep things civil SHOULD be higher than weeding out the dirty socks, as long as everything is sorted (no pun intended, still I laughed a little anyway) in the end.
"It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." - W. C. Fields

"Laugh-a while you can, monkey-boy." - Lord John Whorfin

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #1135 on: July 24, 2018, 12:33:24 PM »
International Skeptics Forum manages to enforce civility and decorum without their mods swinging the battle axe several times on every page.  It's a forum of moderation interspersed with occasional debate.  Cosmoquest ceased to interest me years ago, which is sad because it was its distant ancestor, BABB moderated by Phil Plait himself, who got me going in this genre of science outreach and launched a great friendship with Phil.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #1136 on: July 24, 2018, 12:49:20 PM »
I'm still there regularly, but mostly in the chat sections.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline MBDK

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #1137 on: July 24, 2018, 01:31:05 PM »
"it was its distant ancestor, BABB moderated by Phil Plait himself, who got me going in this genre of science outreach and launched a great friendship with Phil."

BABB was what I got started with - just lurking and gleaming knowledge from the posters at the time.  Your friendship with Phil is a great bonus, and I must say, I am a little bit envious.  I will now go check out the International Skeptics Forum, as I don't believe I have ever visited there.  Thank you, Jay.
"It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." - W. C. Fields

"Laugh-a while you can, monkey-boy." - Lord John Whorfin

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #1138 on: January 03, 2019, 03:49:30 PM »
Necro thread, pardone the drift back.

While reading the IMDB thread on A Funny Thing Happened On The Way to the Moon, I noticed the handle svector.  Anyone seen him around lately?
Eugene Cernan

Offline Stout_Cortez

• Mercury
« Reply #1139 on: January 26, 2019, 11:02:19 AM »
International Skeptics Forum manages to enforce civility and decorum without their mods swinging the battle axe several times on every page.  It's a forum of moderation interspersed with occasional debate.  Cosmoquest ceased to interest me years ago, which is sad because it was its distant ancestor, BABB moderated by Phil Plait himself, who got me going in this genre of science outreach and launched a great friendship with Phil.
Though at the ISF, there is constant whining about unfair moderation, usually from the same five or six suspects, with two especially egregious whingers. Still, I like to hang out there in a few of the forums.