Author Topic: Kranz's Apollo 11 handwritten manual  (Read 5887 times)

Offline beedarko

• Earth
Kranz's Apollo 11 handwritten manual
« on: November 25, 2014, 08:11:02 PM »

A manual used by flight director Gene Kranz during the Apollo 11 mission, the NASA mission that first put humans on the moon, recently sold at auction for $91,909.

The manual was Kranz's guide for coordinating the mission, as well as all activities associated with it, including the main mission goal of putting man on the surface of the moon for the first time.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/20918/20141125/manual-used-by-nasas-gene-kranz-during-first-moon-landing-sold-at-auction.htm

Curiosity compels me to wonder what the purpose for such a manual would be, given that the user in this case would have necessarily been central in a hoax/coverup scenario, and it would've ostensibly been made for his use only. 

The level of competence hoaxies bestow upon NASA for their ability to "cover all the bases" is astonishing, yet attenuating particle radiation for half an hour is apparently beyond their abilities.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:12:48 PM by beedarko »

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
Re: Kranz's Apollo 11 handwritten manual
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 01:35:11 AM »
The hoaxsters require that NASA is simultaneously god-like and utterly incompetent. That's just how they roll.

Kranz's hand written crib sheets should be preserved and publicly available. I don't much care for them being privately sold.

Offline beedarko

• Earth
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 04:16:24 AM »
The hoaxsters require that NASA is simultaneously god-like and utterly incompetent. That's just how they roll.

Kranz's hand written crib sheets should be preserved and publicly available. I don't much care for them being privately sold.

I agree.  Hopefully whoever purchased it will feel likewise and locate it appropriately.  I'd love to be able to go to a museum and examine such a piece.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 10:44:45 AM »
The level of competence hoaxies bestow upon NASA for their ability to "cover all the bases" is astonishing, yet attenuating particle radiation for half an hour is apparently beyond their abilities.
Worse, they'll allegedly make something like this for a hoax, yet  not add stars to a photographed sky, or not make a crater under the LM, even though NASA should know at least as well as conspiracy theorists whether those should have being there.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 12:47:29 PM »
I'm also curious as to why Kranz wrote these out, given the reams of documentation and procedures that the mission had - unless it was precisely because of that.

As a student my revision method was to write summaries of my lecture notes and reading material, then summarise the summaries and so on - as both a method of producing easily digestible notes and reinforcing what I had read. Maybe that was it?

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 12:51:45 PM »
I'm also curious as to why Kranz wrote these out, given the reams of documentation and procedures that the mission had - unless it was precisely because of that.

As a student my revision method was to write summaries of my lecture notes and reading material, then summarise the summaries and so on - as both a method of producing easily digestible notes and reinforcing what I had read. Maybe that was it?

I did the same. I found the best way to memorise something was to write it down, usually in a more concise form or just in my own words.
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 02:04:38 AM »

I did the same. I found the best way to memorise something was to write it down, usually in a more concise form or just in my own words.

Ditto.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 03:54:43 PM »
Are the contents publicly available? If so, I'm less concerned about the originals being sold off, especially if Kranz or his family gets the money. It's not like it's a piece of flown hardware.