Author Topic: Debate  (Read 4858 times)

Offline benparry

• Mars
Debate
« on: January 18, 2018, 03:37:16 PM »
Hi Everyone.

during a debate / argument with a gentleman on facebook he provided me with a website. a very quick glance seemed to show many things I had seen before regarding light shadows etc. I just wondered If anybody had come across this before http://nasascam.atspace.co.uk

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Re: Debate
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 04:45:19 PM »
Oh yes it's been around a while. Where it isn't outright lies it's just plain stupid.

Offline jfb

• Mars
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 05:02:35 PM »
First found that some years ago.  What "proofs" aren't stupid (yes, we Murkians have been known to use kilometers as a unit of measure, even back in the '60s, we just weren't terribly consistent about it) are grounded in what can only be described as profound ignorance. 

To repeat a point I've made elsewhere - if HB's want to prove their case, they have to provide positive evidence for it.  They just can't yell "it's fake" and make us do the heavy lifting to prove otherwise.  Think the footage was all shot on a soundstage?  Then find evidence for that soundstage.  People would have been paid to design, build, and work on it.  Find that paper trail.  Find pictures of it from "backstage" (not digital artifacts from official images that have been post-processed, filtered, folded, spindled, and mutilated to the point where you can see Jesus in the LRV).  Find people who claimed to work on that stage, who have first-hand knowledge of how the images were shot.  It would have involved several hundred people at least for construction, lighting, set rigging, camera work, etc. 

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 06:47:59 PM »
Exactly. I could say that the website owner has mental issues, is in the pay of a foreign power with the aim of inciting dissent and distrust of NASA (and the government, in general) and to also try and 'dumb down' people as much as possible.

Where is my proof of this? Is it up to them to defend themselves from this claim, or is it up to me to show evidence supporting my claim?

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 05:45:34 AM »
i've actually found a few videos on youtube which debunk some of the stuff on here. does anybody know of a site which does a job debunking this website.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 11:37:52 AM »
It's oft-debunked nonsense and a shining example of an argument from ignorance.

http://clavius.org/ is a good resource for debunking the nonsense on that NASAscam site. There is currently a problem with the site hosting and some of the image links are broken. however, the site remains a goldmine of information.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 03:07:46 PM »
yeah I've seen the clavius site and I is excellent. I particularly like the debunking of the video by bart sibrel. I was looking for a site that did that since the Apollo 11 tv page which bob braeunig suggested on his site doesn't exist any more. by the way does anybody know why bob took his hoax debunking stuff off

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 05:59:40 PM »
His site, his choice. You can still find it with the Wayback Machine on archive.org.

Offline Geordie

• Earth
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 01:35:18 AM »
(yes, we Murkians have been known to use kilometers as a unit of measure, even back in the '60s, we just weren't terribly consistent about it)
That was portrayed in Apocalypse Now:

"We're going up river about 75 klicks above the Do Lung bridge."

"That's Cambodia."

"That's classified."

Then there's Bob and Doug Mackenzie's Celsius to Fahrenheit formula (they couldn't adjust to Canada's adoption of the metric system): double it and add thirty, eh? It works great around room temperature, eh?

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 03:17:21 PM »
<shameless self promotion>

If you are looking at any of the old Jack White claims (primarily from the Aulis website), then I dealt with each of them here:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/5911-jack-whites-aulis-apollo-hoax-investigation-a-rebuttal/

There are some images which are missing; if you want them, try the Wayback Machine or let me know as I am pretty sure I still have them in my backup files.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 08:51:47 AM »
<shameless self promotion>

If you are looking at any of the old Jack White claims (primarily from the Aulis website), then I dealt with each of them here:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/5911-jack-whites-aulis-apollo-hoax-investigation-a-rebuttal/

There are some images which are missing; if you want them, try the Wayback Machine or let me know as I am pretty sure I still have them in my backup files.

As you point out in many rebuttals to Jack, he has many spatial relationships and a true understanding of perspective.  His tweaking of the various parameters of an image to prove the were taken in electric lights instead of sunlight is really laughable to anyone who knows anything about image capture and transfer to digital media. I didn't know that much of the compression algorithms until reading much in this forum and the EF.  I'm disappointed Jack had died before I belonged to any forum where I could add my two cents into any discussion with him.  You (and others) did a great job in debating him, Duane (who I have replied to) and Fetzer.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2018, 03:51:33 AM »
Nasascam is one of the funniest things out there. There was a thread at Cosmobaut discussing a top ten of stupidity with his "facts". I believe the one about the "conical space capsule" came top.

Offline nickrulercreator

• Venus
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 10:49:59 AM »
Nasascam is one of the funniest things out there. There was a thread at Cosmobaut discussing a top ten of stupidity with his "facts". I believe the one about the "conical space capsule" came top.

Is there still a link to it? I feel like it'd be a great read.
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space. If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today.