Author Topic: Jet Wintzer movie "MOON HOAX NOW"  (Read 36257 times)

Offline Ishkabibble

• Earth
  • The Truth is Out There...
Re: Jet Wintzer movie "MOON HOAX NOW"
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2015, 01:39:49 PM »
Somebody posted a long list of the geologists who had examined the lunar samples and asked the HB to name the individuals he was calling liars.  My recollection is that the HB quickly changed the subject.

Any idea where this list is? I'd love to have a copy for my own personal use... Heh.
You don't "believe" that the lunar landings happened. You either understand the science or you don't.

If the lessons of history teach us any one thing, it is that no one learns the lessons that history teaches...

Offline Apollo 957

• Earth
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2015, 01:42:47 PM »
Somebody posted a long list of the geologists who had examined the lunar samples and asked the HB to name the individuals he was calling liars.  My recollection is that the HB quickly changed the subject.

Any idea where this list is? I'd love to have a copy for my own personal use... Heh.

A few of them are named here

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/1969/12/moon-landing/moon-rock-text

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2015, 02:15:29 PM »
The rings may have been used to stow the PLSS in the LM.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Ishkabibble

• Earth
  • The Truth is Out There...
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2015, 03:00:11 PM »

Thanks. I also see that a goodly portion of the list is noted in the first posts of this thread. That's what I get for not reading the whole thread... <grrrr>
You don't "believe" that the lunar landings happened. You either understand the science or you don't.

If the lessons of history teach us any one thing, it is that no one learns the lessons that history teaches...

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2015, 03:09:13 PM »
I have a copy of that as a physical magazine. Definitely one of my prized possessions.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2015, 04:42:27 AM »

Thanks. I also see that a goodly portion of the list is noted in the first posts of this thread. That's what I get for not reading the whole thread... <grrrr>

If you have a look at the Lunar Sourcebook site, the References section has 62 pages of listed published papers.
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/publications/books/lunar_sourcebook/pdf/References.pdf
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Kiwi

• Mars
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2015, 06:43:15 AM »

Oops, forgot to reply to this when first I saw it.

The list is in the Apollo 11 Press Kit (published prior to the mission), pages 220-241.
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/alsj/a11/a11prskit.html

I posted the list at the Bad Astronomy Bulletin Board in January 2005,
http://cosmoquest.org/forum/showthread.php?15935-Moon-Rocks-List-of-Investigators-July-1969&highlight=Moon+Rocks+-+List+of+Investigators%2C+July+1969

Then here at ApolloHoax in PeterB's thread "Rocks from the Moon" in July 2005.
http://apollohoax.proboards.com/post/9250/thread
Note that there are two consecutive posts with the names, plus details of the scientists' proposed investigations.

Margamatix was the HB. He handwaved the list away, as HB's often do.

If anyone would like a copy of the press kit for word-processors, PM me with email address.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 06:54:56 AM by Kiwi »
Don't criticize what you can't understand. — Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin'” (1963)
Some people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices and superstitions. — Edward R. Murrow (1908–65)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2015, 07:56:32 AM »
I have several volumes of the Lunar Science Conference proceedings, chock full of contemporary scientific papers based on the lunar samples from scientists all over the world.

Not the most rivetting of reads, but great for demonstrating that the samples were available to the scientific community and that the data from their analyses were publicly available.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2015, 08:00:31 AM »
I have several volumes of the Lunar Science Conference proceedings, chock full of contemporary scientific papers based on the lunar samples from scientists all over the world.

Not the most rivetting of reads, but great for demonstrating that the samples were available to the scientific community and that the data from their analyses were publicly available.
Email them the blunder, maybe he can get an understanding
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2015, 01:41:47 PM »

The Blunder? An understanding?

Firstly he has to want to understand, and I don't think he does... too far down the HB path not to lose a massive amount of face. His own ego is more important to him than the truth!

Secondly, he has to be capable of understanding, and I don't think he is. If his writings and the commentary of his YT videos are any indication, he cannot think clearly enough to understand.

"I have found you an argument; but I am not obliged to find you an understanding."
Samuel Johnson, June 1784
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2015, 01:45:51 PM »
What he can also want to do is buy hard copies of the conference proceedings to prove his point - like I did.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2015, 03:00:35 PM »

The Blunder? An understanding?

Firstly he has to want to understand, and I don't think he does... too far down the HB path not to lose a massive amount of face. His own ego is more important to him than the truth!

Secondly, he has to be capable of understanding, and I don't think he is. If his writings and the commentary of his YT videos are any indication, he cannot think clearly enough to understand.

"I have found you an argument; but I am not obliged to find you an understanding."
Samuel Johnson, June 1784
I keep the faith that he will grow up and rethink his stupid associations with the beliefs of Kaysing and/or Renen
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan