Author Topic: A few simple questions for conspiracy theorists  (Read 268906 times)

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Re: A few simple questions for conspiracy theorists
« Reply #420 on: August 30, 2015, 05:06:01 AM »
My contribution to the body of knowledge was small, but it was done according to the standards set out for me. It was the application of an appropriate method, that's all.

Absolutely, while I wanted to unify the force fundamental forces of nature and change physics, I realised this was not going to happen during my undergrad studies. I was no Stephen Hawking, that was for sure. The PhD, while contributing little to the body of knowledge, provided me with a research skill set and an awful amount of resilience and fortitude to keep going in the face of adversity. It was a war of attrition for me, I was either going to beat that piece of equipment or it was going to beat me. I won :)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #421 on: August 30, 2015, 08:10:15 AM »

I do wonder whether what I've done with satellite photos would (if re-written and more fully referenced and without the abuse directed at conspiracy theorists) qualify for another PhD - or at least a Masters :D
The work shows that you are continually observing the data and then trying to put a theory/proposal to explain how/why the observation occurs.  It gets others to think and contribute in a somewhat peer review, although many of us aren't PhD, myself included.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #422 on: September 30, 2015, 01:09:11 PM »

If you have the facts on your side you don't need to lie. Something to think about.

I agree!

Now, tell NASA (Never A Straight Answer) that!

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #423 on: September 30, 2015, 01:54:09 PM »

If you have the facts on your side you don't need to lie. Something to think about.

I agree!

Link one statement that NASA has said that is false. And by false, I don't mean by your allegation, but by some scientist, engineer that has presented a peer review paper proving the statement is false.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #424 on: September 30, 2015, 07:35:30 PM »

I agree!

Link one statement that NASA has said that is false. And by false, I don't mean by your allegation, but by some scientist, engineer that has presented a peer review paper proving the statement is false.
And not just a mistake or something that later turned out to be incorrect due to new information; an out and out lie.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #425 on: September 30, 2015, 07:55:24 PM »
Good additions raven
Eugene Cernan

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #426 on: November 01, 2015, 02:05:42 AM »

I agree!

And not just a mistake or something that later turned out to be incorrect due to new information; an out and out lie.

A month later and he still hasn't come up with one.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #427 on: December 08, 2015, 06:30:10 PM »
Another month has elapsed and no post or answer!
Eugene Cernan

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #428 on: December 09, 2015, 08:51:50 AM »

Must be LunarOrbit suppressing his great truths...

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #429 on: December 09, 2015, 09:02:57 AM »

Must be LunarOrbit suppressing his great truths...
ROTFLMAO  ::)
Eugene Cernan

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #430 on: October 25, 2017, 07:23:01 PM »
Okay, a friend of mine just raised a really good point.  If you believe we're all paid by NASA to say these things, why don't you try outbidding?
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Geordie

• Earth
« Reply #431 on: October 25, 2017, 07:38:53 PM »
Okay, a friend of mine just raised a really good point.  If you believe we're all paid by NASA to say these things, why don't you try outbidding?
You need to provide a sample of your services before the bidding begins in earnest.

Offline Halcyon Dayz, FCD

• Earth
  • Contrarian's Contrarian
« Reply #432 on: October 25, 2017, 09:03:30 PM »
Why don't I have a Maserati?
And a villa at Lake Como?
Hatred is a cancer upon the world.
It rots the mind and blackens the heart.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #433 on: October 26, 2017, 11:38:11 AM »
You need to provide a sample of your services before the bidding begins in earnest.

It would probably be cheaper to pay me to admit being paid than to pay Jay, if we were both being paid.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates