Author Topic: ISF  (Read 12806 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
ISF
« on: June 21, 2019, 01:56:36 PM »
Has anybody been able to open http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums  today?  All I get is website not responding.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Re: ISF
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 02:26:13 PM »
Tried a couple of times today - same result.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 03:07:48 PM »
Server crash, most likely.

ETA:
  Or denial of serve attack.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 04:24:03 PM »
Server crash, most likely.

ETA:
  Or denial of serve attack.

Or Icerat hasn't paid his bill again.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 06:56:02 PM »
A ping gets "request timed out", and tracert bombs out after 13 hops (from here) at ae-2.r07.nycmny01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net (one of NTT's New York City datacentres)
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 07:33:43 PM »
Dollars to donuts the backend database crapped out.  That's the common failure mode for web forums.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 08:18:46 PM »

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2019, 11:02:08 AM »
Dollars to donuts the backend database crapped out.  That's the common failure mode for web forums.

I buy that for $.10 Back a few years.

As smartcooky pointed out they are back.
Eugene Cernan