Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Kids say the darnedest things...
« Last post by Peter B on May 09, 2021, 10:25:14 AM »
When it's early...

= = = =

10YOS shuffles into the family room, Friday morning just after 7am.

Me: Good morning!

10YOS: What?

Me: I said, good morning!

10YOS: Oh, okay.
Other Conspiracy Theories / Re: COVID-19
« Last post by Bryanpoprobson on May 09, 2021, 03:03:43 AM »
Second Pfizer due on Tuesday 11th May.
Rocket exhaust contains ionised gases doesn't it? Would that affect the signals in some way?

Yes, but I can't see how it would affect the cameras inside the hole. If you've ever see one of those beautiful videos of taken from inside a Falcon 9 payload fairing as it re-enters the earth's atmosphere, you would see that the ionization doesn't affect the video.

I am also pretty sure the downlink antennae are exterior.   

ETA: Here you go.... enjoy

Wow! What spectacular images!

Do you mind me asking, though: were those images broadcast, or recovered from the Go-Pro once the fairing was picked up?
« Last post by raven on May 09, 2021, 12:42:25 AM »
I should be able to get my appointment made for my first jab some time next week. Unsure when the appointment will be, but I hope sooner than later. It will be two years since I've seen my boyfriend at the end of the month, and I miss him something crazy.
« Last post by bknight on May 08, 2021, 07:48:35 PM »
Both the wife and I recieved Pfizer.  Just sore arms with each one.
« Last post by JayUtah on May 08, 2021, 11:00:40 AM »
I got Moderna.  The first shot was a typical vaccine:  some injection-site pain that went away in a day or so.  The second produced fairly profound flu symptoms starting about 12 hours after the injection and lasting about 24 hours.  Not very pleasant.
Rocket exhaust contains ionised gases doesn't it? Would that affect the signals in some way?

Yes, but I can't see how it would affect the cameras inside the hole. If you've ever see one of those beautiful videos of taken from inside a Falcon 9 payload fairing as it re-enters the earth's atmosphere, you would see that the ionization doesn't affect the video.

I am also pretty sure the downlink antennae are exterior.   

ETA: Here you go.... enjoy
« Last post by molesworth on May 08, 2021, 04:05:45 AM »
My wife and I got the A-Z shot yesterday - less painful than many other needles I've had. But by the evening my wife was feeling nauseous, and she's feeling tired and nauseous today. I've got achey joints and muscles, and I'm feeling tired, which is much the same as I feel when I get a cold.

We got the shots through our GP, but we were told we could have got the Pfizer shot through the government-run clinics around the city. We didn't think it was worth changing, seeing as I'd already taken time off work to get the jab.
From what I've read on various forums (as it seems to be a common discussion topic no matter the theme of the forum) it doesn't make a huge difference which "brand" you get, as side-effects are fairly common with both A-Z and Pfizer.  The only difference seems to be that they're worse on the first dose for A-Z and on the second with Pfizer - and there's not really much info, or people reporting about e.g. Moderna or J&J, but I'd expect they'll cause similar reactions.
« Last post by Peter B on May 08, 2021, 03:31:17 AM »
My wife and I got the A-Z shot yesterday - less painful than many other needles I've had. But by the evening my wife was feeling nauseous, and she's feeling tired and nauseous today. I've got achey joints and muscles, and I'm feeling tired, which is much the same as I feel when I get a cold.

We got the shots through our GP, but we were told we could have got the Pfizer shot through the government-run clinics around the city. We didn't think it was worth changing, seeing as I'd already taken time off work to get the jab.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10