Author Topic: Banned members  (Read 112811 times)

Offline Ranb

• Mars
Re: Banned members
« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2020, 05:39:34 PM »
I put up with him insulting the other members of the forum for months, and finally had enough today. Good enough?
Yes.  Better than simply not liking him.  I did not bother reading most of his posts from the Trump thread although I knew he was arguing.  Other posts in different threads seemed reasonable enough.

Offline Philthy

• Venus
« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2020, 08:26:36 PM »
I have banned cambo for pushing the dangerous conspiracy theory that the COVID-19 virus is not as deadly as it is made out to be, and that it is being hyped up by the government and/or media for political reasons. I will not allow conspiracy theories that could endanger people.

Aww, now there's none left for me shake my head in wonder!

Oh, well, I'm not exactly an avid poster anyways, usually everything that needs to be said, has been.

Phil
The capacity of conspiracy theorists to deny science and hand-wave away evidence is infinite, as is their level of stupid. -- Smartcooky

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2020, 01:40:18 AM »
I mean, perhaps ironically, he was showing textbook conspiracist behaviour--he was constantly moving goalposts, he was accusing us of being blind to the truth, and if he didn't use the word "sheeple," it was definitely on the horizon.

I agree that MBDK's behaviour was very reminiscent of a CT's - goal-post moving, arguing from ignorance, shifting the burdon of proof, hand waving evidence and strawmanning. I have been on the the wrong end of some of it, so I am not surprised to see him getting the chop. It was only a matter of time before he labelled some of us "sheeple".

Add to that his insulting behaviour towards LO - choosing to insult the owner and sole admin of a forum is tantamount to suicide by mod!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 01:59:05 AM by smartcooky »
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #138 on: April 03, 2020, 08:00:48 PM »
I have banned Pluto666 since it is cambo.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)