Author Topic: Happy Holidays!  (Read 13081 times)

Offline Laurel

• Earth
Happy Holidays!
« on: December 23, 2012, 10:40:31 AM »
I'm heading out to visit the family today. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!
"Well, my feet they finally took root in the earth, but I got me a nice little place in the stars, and I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car..."
Bruce Springsteen

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Re: Happy Holidays!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 11:32:39 AM »
Happy holidays to you as well!  Yule was tedious--part of my now-ex-roommate's Great Airplane Drama--and Christmas doesn't look to be much better, so my holiday wish is that everyone have better holidays than I'm probably going to.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 02:30:12 PM »
If you're in the southeast, it was pretty bad here - good weather but outbound flights got delayed because of destination storms and incomings got held up at their origins. Just another reason why I never ever travel (far) at holiday time.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 03:04:46 PM »
Happy holidays, everyone.

I agree, I would not want to be travelling. I spent one Christmas Eve on a bus a few years ago and never want to do that again.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 03:07:11 PM »
The first day, her flight was canceled because of snow in Chicago.  The second day, we got to the airport barely on time, but an airline employee made her late.  Yesterday, she finally got out and is now in Dayton, which is its own punishment.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 06:25:27 PM »
I'm not traveling and by the looks of it neither is anyone in the South West of England. Horrible flooding.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 07:42:25 PM »
The NWO must be playing with their HAARP weather settings again, jeezum.

Happy holidays to everyone!! :)
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline Not Myself

• Earth
  • Unwanted Irritant
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 05:24:20 AM »
Yesterday, she finally got out and is now in Dayton, which is its own punishment.

Punishment for her, or for the people of Dayton?
The internet - where bigfoot is real and the moon landings aren't.

Offline gwiz

• Mars
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 10:19:25 AM »
I'm not traveling and by the looks of it neither is anyone in the South West of England. Horrible flooding.
Looks like I'm trapped here with you.

Greetings to all from Cornwall.
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 11:30:03 AM »
Punishment for her, or for the people of Dayton?

She'll be speaking to as few of them as possible.  She's not what you'd call sociable.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 11:06:56 PM »
Happy holidays to all and may the New Year be hoax free.   
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2012, 03:10:58 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone!
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2012, 12:11:17 PM »

That would be a Christmas miracle.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 08:45:50 PM »

That would be a Christmas miracle.
It would also kind of end our reason for being on this board.  And since I like hanging out with all of you, I've changed my mind.  I wish us all a moon hoax filled New Year instead. 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2012, 09:31:04 PM »
I'd like to talk about a different conspiracy for a while, maybe one where I can contribute.  But for some reason, there aren't hordes of anti-Stratfordians crowding the place.