Author Topic: Introduce Yourself...Redux  (Read 41377 times)

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
Re: Introduce Yourself...Redux
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2015, 01:36:04 AM »
Howdy folks!

I'm a lifelong space enthusiast and self-proclaimed information sponge. I come to your wonderful site courtesy of having run afoul of a nest of conspiracy heads. I believe that the space program embodies the very finest aspirations of humanity, and hope to become a valued member of your online community.

Sadly, due to a tragically(but fun-filled!) misspent youth, I can claim no real credentials, but I have a strong foundation in science and mathematics and more than a smattering of programming skill. I also pride myself on being a keen observer of human nature.

That'll teach you for attacking windmills then!

Welcome to one of the few refuges of sense and fact in an internet full of stupid.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2015, 12:56:21 AM »
Psych major that loved hard sciences here.  Somehow wound up working in management for a major rail carrier and also a multi-engine flight instructor. 

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2015, 06:06:28 AM »
Looking back, I see I have never made an introductory post here.

My name is Ian. I grew up with a fascination for astronomy and the stars that was triggered when a friend of my father's (Frank Hall) loaned us his home-built equatorial mounted 6" Newtonian reflector. I spent many a fond hour observing the moon. I was 14 when Neil Armstrong first stepped onto the lunar surface and I remember it like it was yesterday.

I spent 20 years as an Avionics technician in our Air Force, and was involved maintenance and servicing of multiple aircraft types (C-130K, P3K, A4K, BAC Strikemaster, Aermacchi MB339, HS Andover and even the occasional T6 Harvard, and at every level of repair from black-box changer to depot level refurbishment & repair of multi-layer printed circuit boards.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2015, 07:03:48 AM »
Graduate Petroleum Engineer working in oil and gas drilling and production.  Worked in CONUS with one brief job that covered Azerbaijan and Georgia(former USSR countries).
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2015, 12:19:20 PM »

Have you ever played football?

Ha you have spotted the root of my name. I was (still am) a moderator for a football forum I just let the name hang over to most other forums I'm on.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)