Author Topic: M B Raja - hoax video  (Read 17486 times)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Re: M B Raja - hoax video
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2020, 10:40:26 AM »
Why doesn't your friend do their own research?  Honestly, anyone whose acceptance of the Moon landings is swayed by a single video needs to learn critical thinking skills.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2020, 02:36:42 PM »
Why doesn't your friend do their own research?  Honestly, anyone whose acceptance of the Moon landings is swayed by a single video needs to learn critical thinking skills.

If they had critical thinking skills then, by default, they wouldn't be conspiracy theory believers. The Dunning_Kruger effect is strong in them.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Dead Hoosiers

• Mercury
  • Better a useless eater than a useful tool.
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2020, 12:12:55 AM »
I have 2 dogs. One of them is a 15 yr-old chihuahua,m who's deaf.  When anyone comes to the door, the younger dog will run over to the door and start barking.  The chihuahua won't do anything unless she notices the other one barking and then she'll run to the door and start yapping too, even though she hasn't a clue what's going on.  The funniest thing is that she'll keep on barking long after the the the delivery person has left and the other one has shut up.  I think she just wants to make sure I notice she's on the job.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2020, 04:20:09 AM »
You start a thread in classic wide-eyed innocent JAQ-off "asking or a friend" style, get all sniffy when people shred it, then post a clumsy, painfully obvious metaphor that applies equally to the university of youtube hoax nuts out there.

Given you've seen how that plays out in the time youve been lurking, how exactly did you think that was going to go down?

Any chance you've considered the responses you were given to the questions you asked, or are you determined to make this all about you?

If your dog starts yapping randomly for no reason and jumping at shadows that aren't there, shoot it.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2020, 07:02:59 AM »

If your dog starts yapping randomly for no reason and jumping at shadows that aren't there, shoot it.

;D ;D ;D ;D
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline jfb

• Mars
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2020, 09:36:01 AM »
I don't know whether we went to the moon or not. I wish I could know for sure.

Physical samples, miles of film, and recent imagery of the landing sites are not sufficient?  What further evidence would you require?

Normally these videos trying to debunk the moon landing bore me, but this one is more interesting than others I've seen. Why haven't we gone back?  Or have we?

“We” as in America have sent unmanned missions back to the Moon since Apollo (Clementine, Lunar Prospector, Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, GRAIL).  LRO has imaged the Apollo landing sites. 

China’s sent several surface probes and rovers, including one on the far side.

We haven’t sent people back because nobody’s managed to convince Congress to pay for it.   That may change with the Artemis program, but frankly I don’t expect it to survive the election in November.

SpaceX has plans for a private mission called Dear Moon, which will send people around the Moon but not land on the surface.  Not sure what the timeline is on that.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2020, 12:47:47 PM »

SpaceX has plans for a private mission called Dear Moon, which will send people around the Moon but not land on the surface.  Not sure what the timeline is on that.

It's a Musk timeline, so it will be, errr, elastic..... ;D

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2020, 03:04:06 PM »
Serves me right for not opening the web site a few days ago.  I can't add anything to what the others have said, so I will add just one line:
If one believes in any video by Bart then that person does not have critical thinking in his/her repertoire.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2020, 04:07:48 PM »
I only briefly looked, but once I recognised the sibrel crapfest, I needed no more than a glance.

But it is just now occurring to me that this Raja guy gave it a new title and did not credit Sibrel. Seems like blatant plagiarism which really gets under Sibrel's skin.

So tempting to stir that pot.

Offline Kiwi

• Mars
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2020, 09:54:04 AM »
I don't know whether we went to the moon or not. I wish I could know for sure.  Normally these videos trying to debunk the moon landing bore me, but this one is more interesting than others I've seen. Why haven't we gone back?  Or have we?

Video how and why we went to the moon what actually happened 

Hi Dead Hoosiers

I'm a bit late but...

In that video at 0:24:45 Sibrel shows a movie of two shadows crossing a road, and the narrator says, "...then all shadows, regardless of the landscape, will run parallel with one another and never intersect, as shown by this example."

In this case, sensible people who are interested in the moonlanding "hoax theories" can run their own little check by pausing the video and carefully placing the edges of some A4 paper along the shadows to see if they are indeed parallel, as Sibrel seems to claiming.

Did your friend have the good sense to do that check? Did you?

It's well worth doing it, because it tells us something about Sibrel's honesty and reliability.
Don't criticize what you can't understand. — Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin'” (1963)
Some people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices and superstitions. — Edward R. Murrow (1908–65)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2020, 11:08:40 AM »
The old parallel shadows nonsense.

I must have faked this image.......

Offline Ranb

• Mars
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2020, 10:42:56 PM »
I don't know whether we went to the moon or not. I wish I could know for sure.  Normally these videos trying to debunk the moon landing bore me, but this one is more interesting than others I've seen. Why haven't we gone back?  Or have we?
Hello,

I have a critique of Sibrel's video on this forum here; https://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?topic=1743.15
If you like, please view my 15 minutes video and let me know what yiou think of my response to Sibrel's claims.

Ranb

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2020, 01:01:50 AM »
The old parallel shadows nonsense.

I must have faked this image.......

And plenty more examples that show Sibrel to be a lying POS

If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2020, 08:02:35 PM »
But Jack White said that any images that show lines are not parallel must be faked!

Offline jfb

• Mars
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2020, 07:59:12 AM »

What we are saying is that HBs lack perspective, then.