Author Topic: The Project Apollo Image Gallery  (Read 4806 times)

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
The Project Apollo Image Gallery
« on: June 28, 2021, 09:48:21 AM »
Quick question I have been unable to google, when did the Project Apollo Image Gallery come online?
I decided to make a small video for the idiot expattafy1 who thinks that the image of AL Shepard and the MET cart, 'AS14-65-9405' shows a one legged astronaut (oh dear). When pointed out to him that the image clearly shows Als other boot under the MET, he went on to claim that image had been doctored in 2015. By using the wayback machine I proved to him that the image was the same in 2004 and the fact that it was the cover picture on the National Geographic from July 1971 (which also clearly shows the boot). But the insane man refuses to accept the evidence.
But my digging says the archive seems to date from 2004, is this correct??

PS Anybody wishing to add comments or just laugh at expattaffy1 the video is here...
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Re: The Project Apollo Image Gallery
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 12:35:23 PM »
From what he says here

http://apolloarchive.com/apollo_archive.html

the archive was created in 1999, but that specific image was added (according to the Apollo 14 page on the image gallery) in 2006 and links to the ALSJ version. The LPI scan is dated 2011, and archive.org 2010.

In addition to my own copy of the NG publication, I have a number of versions of the image in a variety of books - not least an original copy of the preliminary science report. It does appear on the CD accompanying the 2000 Apogee books "Apollo 14 mission reports" edition, but it's a very low res copy and you can't really make much out on it. If you want me to root through for other versions let me know.

While hunting around for other online vertsions, there's a nice one in this 1989 publication on page 44

https://curator.jsc.nasa.gov/lunar/catalogs/other/jsc23454toolcatalog.pdf

and a dated press release version from 1971 sold at Christies

https://onlineonly.christies.com/s/voyage-another-world-victor-martin-malburet-photograph-collection/edgar-mitchell-lost-moon-station-b1-alan-shepard-standing-beside-met-480/107279

(click on the "2 more" option and go through the slide show)

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 01:59:16 PM »
Cheers OBM.  :)
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 02:41:44 AM »
I see that the shadow of the leg is clearly visible.
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 10:30:57 AM »
Hey OBM, was ex turd taffy referring to you when he used your avatar?

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 02:06:19 PM »
I see that the shadow of the leg is clearly visible.

Absolutely, it has been mentioned time after time to the Welsh idiot, but it goes in one ear and straight out of the other one.