Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 52826 times)

Offline jfb

• Mars
Re: COVID-19
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2020, 09:38:08 AM »
I've heard this 5G thingy also.  They claim the cruise boats started getting sick because of the satellite 5G beam technology.  The nursing homes and hospitals were ramping up 5G for their new wireless healthcare monitoring and places around hubs were first infections.  But it was some Chinese 5G that was banned.  Some frequency with beam technology which concentrated the signal right at the user for the duration of the call was suspected as older mobile systems used a tower triangulation method.  US is building their own safer 5G and many countries have banned Chinese 5G.  But all countries are racing to install this 5G for the monetary gain it will bring.
Some have theorized that MERS was a result of this beam technology originally to locate terrorist by tracking their phones and became more affective than sending drone missile.
The signal threat in the past was coined the invisible threat as in the case of the Moscow signal.
In the 60's and 70' they noted that astronauts returning from the moon had elevated viruses in their bodies.  Mostly reactivated chicken pox or shingles viruses and it was concluded that cosmic radiation reactivated dormant viruses.
  Today astronauts stay mostly beneath the Van Allen Belts to reduce exposure to this radiation and complications with reactivated viruses.  Space medication is catching up with this issue as astronauts to the space station take many vaccinations prior to their arrival but are still not exposed to the full range of frequencies needed to go beyond.
To actually go to Mars they will need to create many more vaccinations and subject many more.   Different frequencies will have to be tested to evaluate what viruses reactivate.  Global exposure to these frequencies and the viruses, the vaccinations discovered and medical knowledge learned is the fast tract to space travel. a8Glf

This is a bot, right?  This feels like a bot, not an actual human being.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 09:45:37 AM by jfb »

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2020, 06:34:36 PM »
Hi, everyone. Nice to see this community is still going. Remember the good old days when conspiracy theories about a science programme that quickly fizzled out was the height of absurdity? Is it a Chinese curse that says, "May you live in interesting times"?

Unfortunately, we have our own weirdos who are throwing their toys out of the prams about masks. I mean I don't like wearing them either. Tesco used to be nice with the queuing and the one way system. I liked that. But really, some people are such man-babies. And also women-babies. A few of them too.

Good news is that the anti-vaxxers seem to be on the back foot this time. Too many people feel the need for this one, unlike other vaccines where their success has made people forget what horrors they prevent.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2020, 07:22:20 AM »
Hi Glom, long time no see.

I find the attitude to masks baffling. I can understand protesting lockdowns. We've been told to stay home, threatened with fines for breaking rules, unable to see loved ones, or even just go out for a drink with friends. Businesses are closing left, right and centre, people are losing their jobs, and the government is flip-flopping all over the place on policies and assistance while still having the gall to blame people for their own financial strife. Yes, there are some protesting these draconian measures, and the arguments about whether the damage being done is worth it are not straightforward.

But stick a small piece of cloth over your face when you go out? The people are up in arms! I mean, all this stuff going on, and this is what's getting people angry?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2020, 08:19:36 AM »
I think it was Isabel Oakshott who decried them as "muzzles". Like this was an act of subjugation by the government and not simply a health measure. Ironically, a lot of the reactionaries come from the "The war was jolly good fun" brigade, who would lose it if they had to actually suffer through the restrictions of that period.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2020, 03:37:28 PM »
In Utah the resistance to wearing masks is mostly, "You can't tell me what to do!"  This is also referred to derogatorily as, "But muh freedums!"  In other words, a significant number of Utahns will not do something simply because one of the leaders they elected told them the should.

Utahns have no problem wrapping scarves around their faces in cold weather, to keep them warm.  They have no problem wearing filtration masks when our air quality gets very poor.  Of all people Utahns should have no practical objection.  It's pure stubbornness.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2020, 04:52:33 AM »
I think it was Isabel Oakshott who decried them as "muzzles". Like this was an act of subjugation by the government and not simply a health measure. Ironically, a lot of the reactionaries come from the "The war was jolly good fun" brigade, who would lose it if they had to actually suffer through the restrictions of that period.

To be fair though, Oakshott is a fruitcake. Nuttier than squirrel poo.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2020, 03:53:49 PM »

To be fair though, Oakshott is a fruitcake. Nuttier than squirrel poo.

Oh for sure. And they're getting nuttier. Is there something in the water these days? Or is it climate change making everyone cuckoo?

Why so many nutters everywhere?

There are even people who think Calamity Ganon corrupting the Divine Beasts is a plot hole that Age of Calamity will fix. Crazy!

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2020, 07:03:13 PM »

Britain’s first rollout of COVID vaccine included 90+ year old Margaret Keenan.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2020, 07:18:54 PM »
Bill's using a 90+ year old laptop.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2020, 09:42:46 PM »
Apparently he's found the Fountain of Youth though!  ;D

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2020, 11:04:35 PM »
You're not looking! IT'S A HOLOGRAMME, PEOPLE!

Look directly to the left of the "fake" Bill Gates. That's no camera the guys has; it's a mobile holographic projector! The whole thing is a set-up by Big Pharma in order to increase the demand for the so-called "vaccine".

Oh you poor sheeple!

(runs away and hides, grinning manically)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2020, 10:56:15 AM »
Apparently he's found the Fountain of Youth though!  ;D

Yeah, I saw him on The Daily Social Distancing Show recently, and he . . . does not look like that.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Northern Lurker

• Earth
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2021, 11:27:28 AM »
I was reading on Kids say the darnest things... and following exchange from April 2020 came to mind...

Therapist: How are you coping with the corona virus?
Me: I'm doing fine, I don't see anything negative in the virus.
Therapist:  Please explain.
Me: If I get quarantined, I get two weeks away from my job with full pay. If I get the virus, I'll be sick but away from my job with full pay. And if I happen to die, I'm permanently free of my job.
Therapist: You certainly are different than the rest of my patients...

Lurky

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2021, 10:58:12 AM »
Yes--you're lucky enough to have sick leave.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Northern Lurker

• Earth
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2021, 07:13:32 PM »
Yes--you're lucky enough to have sick leave.
Yes, living in northern Europe has its perks.