Author Topic: Dave Peters  (Read 6264 times)

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
Dave Peters
« on: January 31, 2015, 04:59:03 PM »
Don't google unless you have an afternoon free and really, really want to wander into yet another zone of conspiracy-tinged pseudo-science. At the heart of it, though, is a very familiar problem; PhotoShop.

Here again is someone who has chosen to concentrate his studies only on available photographs, instead of original items in question. And like many, he doesn't seem to care a whit about the history of those pictures; what steps of adjustment and compression and the corresponding added layers of image artifact that have been added to them.

Instead he merrily twirls dials in PhotoShop in a process he has, over the years, graced with ever-more serious-sounding acronyms (the latest being "DGS," standing I think for "Digital Graphic Segregation." Basically, edge-finding taken to a ludicrous degree in an attempt to identify buried visual features.) He takes the results, traces over what he believes is significant, and builds elaborate composite images based on the results of that "research."

He also constructs elaborate and contentious phylogenic trees based on what he thinks he is observing. On photographs. Of fossils.

Oddly familiar, even if this has nothing to do with extra-terrestrial imagery (whether Hoagland's glass worms and pyramids or the Apollo Hoaxies bunny rabbits and bare-armed stage technicians, or the Ickies and their scaly-faced Royals.)

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
Re: Dave Peters
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 12:50:29 AM »
You got that right. I saw a Coca Cola commercial from across the room, but I couldn't hear the audio, so I Googled a description. I found it here, and it turned out to be a funny ad:

http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/ad-day-coke-spreads-joy-some-seriously-unlucky-coke-drinkers-163134

The results also brought up this headline from Godlike Productions:

"TPTB WARNING?  Large METEOR hitting EARTH in Coca Cola Commercial"

Fortunately, I'm not a member, so I couldn't read the content, but the headline alone tells you just how deranged they are.  I mean, come on, it's just a cute, funny commercial, for cryin' out loud!