Author Topic: International Skeptics forum not accepting new members?  (Read 2675 times)

Offline Everett

• Venus
International Skeptics forum not accepting new members?
« on: November 23, 2022, 04:26:11 PM »
I've been trying to register for the International Skeptics forum for about a week now, tried everything I could think of, tried multiple usernames and email programs, the problem isn't at my end but I can't get a registration email, and multiple both the "contact us" and direct email haven't gotten any reply. Is it closed to new members, or if not what's going on?

Thanks.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
Re: International Skeptics forum not accepting new members?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 05:45:24 PM »
I've been trying to register for the International Skeptics forum for about a week now, tried everything I could think of, tried multiple usernames and email programs, the problem isn't at my end but I can't get a registration email, and multiple both the "contact us" and direct email haven't gotten any reply. Is it closed to new members, or if not what's going on?

Thanks.

I am assuming that you have checked your spam/junk folder for the email?

I am a member there so I will pass this on to one of the admins and get back to you

In the meantime, can you tell me the username you have been trying to register under.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 11:47:57 AM »

Thanks.

I am assuming[/] that you have checked your spam/junk folder for the email?

I am a member there so I will pass this on to one of the admins and get back to you

In the meantime, can you tell me the username you have been trying to register under.

You know what assuming means.  8)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 04:12:52 PM »
According to Darat there is a problem with emails not leaving the server - Darat has contacted Icerat about it. I have PMed Everett with other details
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.