Author Topic: Faking the moon landings  (Read 139915 times)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Re: Faking the moon landings
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2018, 12:34:54 PM »
Serious question - how much money would it take to buy your silence for the rest of your life?  Think about it for more than a couple of minutes.  A hundred bucks?  A thousand?  A million?  A million a year?

They never believe me when I say this, but there literally is not enough money in the world to buy my silence.  It's not just that I have a bit of a reputation as a talker; it's that I consider the kind of lying I'd have to do in order to keep Apollo secret if I had faked it to be a sin.  It would eventually weigh on my conscience so much that I would come forward.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline jfb

• Mars
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2018, 01:02:10 PM »
Serious question - how much money would it take to buy your silence for the rest of your life?  Think about it for more than a couple of minutes.  A hundred bucks?  A thousand?  A million?  A million a year?

They never believe me when I say this, but there literally is not enough money in the world to buy my silence.  It's not just that I have a bit of a reputation as a talker; it's that I consider the kind of lying I'd have to do in order to keep Apollo secret if I had faked it to be a sin.  It would eventually weigh on my conscience so much that I would come forward.

And you are not unique in that respect. 

I like to say I can be rented rather than bought outright, but even so, I occasionally get drunk, or stay up too late, or otherwise am in a position to where I may just blab any damned thing out loud.  After 50+ years, at least one person who could credibly expose a hoax would have done so. 

Offline inconceivable

• Venus
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2018, 02:09:47 PM »
The one thing about the moon landings that I was thinking about the other day was that time and time again I read that NASA didn't discover inertia until walking on the moon.  The astronauts were 1/6 weight on the moon but still carried around 310 lbs of mass so to speak.  So we have the bunny hop explanation?  But what about the LRV and its mass with two occupants?  Was there a scramble to use this new found inertial knowledge on the LRVs already in testing?  I don't recall reading anything about inertial affects on the LRV.  I'll go looks through some more Youtubes.

Offline molesworth

• Mars
  • the curse of st custards
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2018, 02:33:42 PM »
The one thing about the moon landings that I was thinking about the other day was that time and time again I read that NASA didn't discover inertia until walking on the moon...
NASA discovered inertia?!?!  Well, that puts right centuries of scientific misunderstanding on the concept.

I'll go looks through some more Youtubes.
... because, as everyone knows, that's where all the real knowledge is kept  ;D
Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2018, 02:33:58 PM »
The one thing about the moon landings that I was thinking about the other day was that time and time again I read that NASA didn't discover inertia until walking on the moon.  The astronauts were 1/6 weight on the moon but still carried around 310 lbs of mass so to speak.  So we have the bunny hop explanation?  But what about the LRV and its mass with two occupants?  Was there a scramble to use this new found inertial knowledge on the LRVs already in testing?  I don't recall reading anything about inertial affects on the LRV.  I'll go looks through some more Youtubes.

Science fiction writers knew about low gravity inertia in stories they wrote in the 1940s and 50s. I'm quite sure that the avid readers of these stories remembered them when they were planning Project Apollo.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2018, 02:41:19 PM »

Do feel free to give us those quotes you have read 'time and time again'.

Offline jfb

• Mars
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2018, 03:08:38 PM »
The one thing about the moon landings that I was thinking about the other day was that time and time again I read that NASA didn't discover inertia until walking on the moon. 

Horseshit.  You read no such thing.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2018, 03:28:23 PM »
The one thing about the moon landings that I was thinking about the other day was that time and time again I read that NASA didn't discover inertia until walking on the moon.

I rarely pay attention to your posts inconceivable, but even by your standards this is lamentable. NASA didn't discover inertia until walking on the moon.

Erm... so the astronauts walked on the moon then? That's what you are telling us.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline cambo

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2018, 04:07:00 PM »
“Unlike the sand in this footage that billowed and held up in the atmosphere”

Thanks for those, there are a few seconds near the start of both those clips, when the buggies are moving slow, which look identical to the faked Rover footage, plus you do realise those things were outdoors and not on an enclosed movie set, right?

“Stop it with the insults and attitude or you won't last long”

Noted.

“A tell - all book "I Worked on the Moon Hoax" with proof (secret photos, work orders, pay stubs) would make the author a lot of MONEY!”

You’ve been given a ton of money to stay quiet, where is your logic?

“As a matter of fact, cambo, why don't you write your proof of the moon hoax into a book and have a best seller? Don't you want to make a lot of MONEY!?”

What proof?

The Apollo 16 Lunar rover video looks perfect at 1.5x speed and as for the pendulum video, the film, from what I can make out looks like 1x speed. The quality is so bad, that I don’t see how you would see this as evidence, as there could be a mechanical device doing the work and we wouldn’t be any the wiser.

“Serious question - how much money would it take to buy your silence for the rest of your life?  Think about it for more than a couple of minutes.  A hundred bucks?  A thousand?  A million?  A million a year?”

A couple of hundred grand would do me at my time of life, but for someone a lot younger, maybe five million.

“There were literally thousands of people involved with the Apollo program.  How much would it cost to buy everyone's silence over the course of several decades?  What's to stop people from demanding ever more money over time?”

Well let’s say there were a hundred people actually in on Apollo, which would be half a billion in English terms. And you don’t blackmail the government.

“Where does that money come from?”

NASA’s multibillion dollar budget of course. We are talking the American government here, if they want to hide something, it’s gone.

“How much money would the first person who could credibly expose the Apollo missions as a hoax make by comparison?”

What good is money if you are dead?

“And countless more who didn't work for NASA at the time of Apollo, but still have (or will have) the capability to expose the hoax.”

You know the answer to that one, but I’ll humour you. The people making the nuts and bolts weren’t present on the movie set.

“And this means that to continue to protect the hoax, new generations have to be made privy to the secret as older generations die off; so continues the possibility of exposure.”

By new generations, do you mean the sons, grandchildren and great grandchildren of the film crew and NASA’s top brass? Surely only the CIA would need to know, as they are probably running NASA, and I’m sure some of them will be trained in special effects. Let the original hoaxers go to their graves, which would just leave those crafty CIA agents. It wouldn’t surprise me if the president himself wasn’t aware.

“Or my little effort regarding pendulums”

To me it looks like there is a drought causing the bag to continue swinging, and the little maths lesson at the end doesn’t disprove this.

“Mind you, cambo probably counts gravity to be under the heading of 'NASA-science”

In a way it is, not because it’s fake science, but because it’s bad science. Take the dark matter theory, it’s possible they just got gravity wrong, and if that turns out to be the case, then Apollo and any other missions involving planetary orbits, sling shots and the likes, all go in the hoax bin.

“how is it that Mission Control and the astronauts are occasionally heard talking about events of that day such as live sports results? Plus, even if the conversation was recorded live over pre-recorded actions, how is it that sound and action synch so perfectly?”

Only the voices needed to be live, although instances of other sounds were few and far between, and lip-sync wasn’t a problem for obvious reasons.

“are you seriously going to tell me that this video of Dave Scott tripping over a rock, flailing arms and all, works at roughly double speed?”

So you think all the video would have to be played back at the same speed? This one is bang on at 1.5x speed.

“And as for the dusty sand, would you care to explain why the material on the ground looks and behaves like a cohesive powder - similar to flour or talcum powder?”

No it doesn’t, it looks like sand, you are only seeing what you want to see.

“And would you care to explain how you create dust-free sand, especially when this stage of yours is going to require hundreds of tons?”

I can’t, where did I say I could? But that’s irrelevant, as I already pointed out earlier in my post, that it can be simulated perfectly outdoors, thanks so much to whoever posted those priceless videos.

“They never believe me when I say this”

I wonder why?

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2018, 04:20:44 PM »
In a way it is, not because it’s fake science, but because it’s bad science. Take the dark matter theory, it’s possible they just got gravity wrong, and if that turns out to be the case, then Apollo and any other missions involving planetary orbits, sling shots and the likes, all go in the hoax bin.

They got gravity wrong? Really? Do you actually understand the reason for the proposal of dark matter and its relationship to the cosmological model?

I've pigeon holed you now. All we learned at school and college is wrong, those that use main stream science are sheeple and cannot possibly attain your mastery of critical thinking to overturn centuries of advancement in science, engineering and medicine. We're all establishment types here, unlike you with your superior knowledge.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 04:23:25 PM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2018, 04:49:23 PM »

“A tell - all book "I Worked on the Moon Hoax" with proof (secret photos, work orders, pay stubs) would make the author a lot of MONEY!”

You've been given a ton of money to stay quiet, where is your logic?

I blew it all in Vegas, and I'm broke. But I know this secret that I can parley into millions of dollars. That's my logic.

“As a matter of fact, cambo, why don't you write your proof of the moon hoax into a book and have a best seller? Don't you want to make a lot of MONEY!?”

What proof?

So you don't have any proof of what you're saying, and you're just yanking our chain. Well, we knew that.

“How much money would the first person who could credibly expose the Apollo missions as a hoax make by comparison?”

What good is money if you are dead?

Here we go with the NASA Death Squads.

“And this means that to continue to protect the hoax, new generations have to be made privy to the secret as older generations die off; so continues the possibility of exposure.”

By new generations, do you mean the sons, grandchildren and great grandchildren of the film crew and NASA’s top brass? Surely only the CIA would need to know, as they are probably running NASA, and I’m sure some of them will be trained in special effects. Let the original hoaxers go to their graves, which would just leave those crafty CIA agents. It wouldn’t surprise me if the president himself wasn’t aware.

Correction: CIA Death Squads. Although, since they only handle external affairs, shouldn't that be the FBI Death Squads? No, I mean the descendants of the Death Squads. They have to know the secrets they are protecting, and we are well aware that Government agents have been caught selling secrets for MONEY! The threat of death has not stopped CIA agents from selling out their country;  what is stopping them from revealing the Moon Hoax for MONEY!?
And what stops the President from making himself a hero in the eyes of the nation by revealing the hoax?

"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline molesworth

• Mars
  • the curse of st custards
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2018, 05:17:07 PM »
Well let’s say there were a hundred people actually in on Apollo...
Have you really spent any time thinking this through?  You'd need more than that just for the supposed filming!!  I guess you've never had anything to do with movie or TV production though.  Take a look at the credits for even a low budget production, and count how many people are involved.  (And generally, there are a lot of people who don't make it into the credits as well.)

Then you have layer upon layer of people working on other parts of the "hoax".  Making sure the multiple teams designing, building and launching the spacecraft did their jobs well enough, but somehow didn't realise it was faked.  Managing the communications by some black magic means to fool everyone listening in.  Faking the tracking data, telemetry, video and audio feeds.  Secret teams developing the robotic probes that launched unseen to set up the experiments, and returned kilogrammes of rock samples.

The list goes on and on, and you have to pay these people a lot of money for a long time to ensure silence.  (If it was me, I'd be looking for something like $250,000 a year for life, and at least $100,000 a year for each child for life, otherwise the lawyers open the envelope!  That seems reasonable to me...)

And for Cthulhu's sake, learn to use the quote reply feature.  It'll make your responses much easier to follow (or is that deliberate ploy as well?) .
Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2018, 05:18:11 PM »
i liked the comment 'the people making the nuts a bolts wernt present on the set' lol. would it not have occurred to all these people that something dodgy was going on if they were asked to build a movie set and a huge vacuum chamber

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2018, 05:18:19 PM »
CIA Agent Smith, fresh out of the Academy,  meets with his supervisor to get his first assignment:

Supervisor Jones hands Smith a dossier. "Smith,  here's the file on Professor Stein. If he threatens to reveal the secret...take care of him."

"You mean kill him, right? I'm still trying to get the hang of CIA slang."

Jones looks exasperated. "Yes, I mean kill him. You sure you're up to it.?"

"Yeah, I was head of my class in assassination." Smith leafs through the folder. "Something's missing here."

"What?"

"What's the secret he can't reveal?"

"I can't tell you."

"So how am I supposed to know when to kill him?"

"Look, Smith, you just..." Jones stops. "Maybe I didn't think this through. "I guess I'll have to tell you." He leans over and whispers in Smith's ear.

Smith's eyes get big. "Wow!" He thinks of his meager CIA salary. He then thinks of his car payments and the girlfriend that his fiancee doesn't know about, and how they both have expensive tastes. He smiles and says "you can count on me, sir."

« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 05:43:15 PM by AtomicDog »

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2018, 05:21:16 PM »
i liked the comment 'the people making the nuts a bolts wernt present on the set' lol. would it not have occurred to all these people that something dodgy was going on if they were asked to build a movie set and a huge vacuum chamber

There's also a good point that Jason made. We have evidence that a rocket was launched. We have evidence of a space ship operating in LEO. If you ask a bunch of engineers to build a space rocket, they are going to build a space rocket that works. If they can't, they're going to tell you they can't and then they are part of the hoax too.