Author Topic: Clementine photos.  (Read 18213 times)

Offline Donnie B.

• Earth
Re: Clementine photos.
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 04:35:54 PM »
Heh... I was going to say there was plenty of parking, but it's a heck of a long way from the freeway exit.

(Raven: American football, a pass interception is a bad thing when it happens to your team, or a good thing when your team does it to the other team.)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Clementine photos.
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 10:21:09 PM »
The Packers' offensive strategy is more geared toward throwing the ball rather than running with it. As has been said, when the ball is thrown the other team may intercept it and thereby gain possession of it for their own scoring. Not surprisingly for that strategy, the Packers often lead the league in intercepted passes -- an ignominious statistic.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 08:00:11 AM »
Gawd, I hope you lot aren't going to start talking about eligible receivers, 4th downs, tight-ends, lines of scrimmage and other stuff which only interests people living in the 50 states (and perhaps the 10 provinces in "Bacon and Maple Syrup land" up north). 
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 08:20:27 AM »
Gawd, I hope you lot aren't going to start talking about eligible receivers, 4th downs, tight-ends, lines of scrimmage and other stuff which only interests people living in the 50 states (and perhaps the 10 provinces in "Bacon and Maple Syrup land" up north).
We have our own variation up here in "Bacon and Maple Syrup land", but I don't follow either; hence my confusion.

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 08:52:27 AM »
Heck no.  It's baseball season.  Time to talk about the merits of bunting with runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out in a tie game after the 7th inning, 4- vs 5- man rotations during the stretch drive, and whether those proposing to bring the DH to the National League should be shot or merely exiled for life.

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 09:13:37 AM »
You lot had better be careful or you'll force me to explain the offside rule....
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline Not Myself

• Earth
  • Unwanted Irritant
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 09:14:49 AM »
Heck no.  It's baseball season.

It's Six Nations season.
The internet - where bigfoot is real and the moon landings aren't.

Offline ipearse

• Venus
  • There is no such thing as a stupid question
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 09:38:48 AM »
You lot had better be careful or you'll force me to explain the offside rule....

Is it even possible to explain the offside rule?  ???
"The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but we cannot live in the cradle forever" - Konstantin Tsiolkovski

Offline Not Myself

• Earth
  • Unwanted Irritant
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 10:17:17 AM »

Is it even possible to explain the offside rule?  ???

Here is an explanation.

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 12:21:21 PM »
Heck no.  It's baseball season.

It's Six Nations season.

WAAAALLLLEEESSSSS!

Here is hoping. Probably fluff it though.

Anyway. Baseball, rounders innit.........

Sorry, wandering off topic.

Interesting use of media. Never though to do that (ref pic page 1). Went to look at a few stadia at that scale for the heck of it.

Offline Not Myself

• Earth
  • Unwanted Irritant
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 01:14:46 PM »
WAAAALLLLEEESSSSS!

We'll see in just over 24 hours.  If they beat England, they'll each be 4-1-0.  I'm not sure where they are on tie-breaking criteria.  No one else can even match England's record.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 01:18:14 PM »

Let me promise you that not even all of us living in the fifty states care.  Which gets tedious enough when all of my friends on Facebook appear to.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 03:10:39 PM »
Could never get that interested in organized sports.

Managed to follow the Sumo season one year.  But half of that was just enjoying the ritual and pageantry.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2013, 03:16:58 PM »
WAAAALLLLEEESSSSS!

We'll see in just over 24 hours.  If they beat England, they'll each be 4-1-0.  I'm not sure where they are on tie-breaking criteria.  No one else can even match England's record.

Now you're talking the REAL oval ball game!!

Wales have a points difference of +29
England have a points difference of +43
Overall points difference is 14 in favour of England.

If England wins, they win the Six Nations and the Grand Slam
If Wales wins by less than 7 points, England wins the Six Nations
If Wales wins by more than 7 points, Wales will win the Six Nations
If Wales wins by exactly 7 points, the Six Nations will be won by whichever team scored more tries (that's like  "touchdowns" for the yanks/canucks) over the whole tournament. Wales lead 7-5 on that count, so if its a draw, England will have to win the try count in the match by at least three
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2013, 03:31:55 PM »
Could never get that interested in organized sports.

Managed to follow the Sumo season one year.  But half of that was just enjoying the ritual and pageantry.

We used to watch that in my physics class.  (See also--why I never really learned physics.)  I have a perverse fixation with curling, though I don't get to watch it much these days, because we no longer get the CBC.  But the closest I'm going to get to putting the kid into sports, unless he asks, is requiring him to take swimming lessons.  No team, just learning how to swim.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates