Author Topic: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?  (Read 831982 times)

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
Re: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?
« Reply #345 on: December 31, 2012, 12:16:29 PM »
Judging from his webpage it's that Saturn V schematic at work again, which gives the total LM propellant load in litres. Though he still insists on 'assuming' the mass of propellants rather than using any given figures in the many published sources.

Has anyone been able to find the original source of that schematic? It's the ONLY one I've ever seen to refer to the mysterious 'P 22K S' engine for the service module propulsion system.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 12:19:41 PM by Jason Thompson »
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #346 on: December 31, 2012, 12:20:04 PM »
Well glom, I work in the media industry and have access to very good lawyers and legal representatives specializing in the type of libel case you have against Anders. PM for any assistance you will need.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #347 on: December 31, 2012, 12:27:26 PM »
Judging from his webpage it's that Saturn V schematic at work again, which gives the total LM propellant load in litres. Though he still insists on 'assuming' the mass of propellants rather than using any given figures in the many published sources.

Has anyone been able to find the original source of that schematic? It's the ONLY one I've ever seen to refer to the mysterious 'P 22K S' engine for the service module propulsion system.

Yes, that schematic has been reproduced in a few places - including Wikipedia - but appears to be wrong in several respects.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #348 on: December 31, 2012, 12:30:13 PM »
What do you think about the following addition on my page?

"Total fuel used by the LM for descent and ascent was 10 237 kg according [1] . How it was possible as the LM could only carry 8 777 kg fuel remains a mystery".

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/nmc/spacecraftDisplay.do?id=1969-059C
Lunar Module Spacecraft and Subsystems

The lunar module was a two-stage vehicle designed for space operations near and on the Moon. The spacecraft mass of 15,065 kg was the mass of the LM including astronauts, propellants and expendables. The dry mass of the ascent stage was 2180 kg and it held 2639 kg of propellant. The descent stage dry mass was 2034 kg and 8212 kg of propellant were onboard initially.

I think your webpage sucks big time. It has more mistakes per paragraph than any I've seen for a while....if that was your aim....congratulations.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #349 on: December 31, 2012, 01:05:52 PM »
Be careful on that website, Mag40. According to Google, it's infected with malware, though that may just be the rampant ignorance and misinformation. :o

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #350 on: December 31, 2012, 01:50:18 PM »
Be careful on that website, Mag40. According to Google, it's infected with malware, though that may just be the rampant ignorance and misinformation. :o

That must be it! Is it a requirement of a CTer to have arrogance in direct proportion to accuracy? It surely takes the same force to accelerate a rocket in a vacuum....from 100m/s to 1000m/s, as it does from 1500m/s to 2400m/s, doesn't it?

I may be wrong here, but isn't the increase(or decrease) in kinetic energy equal to the difference in the velocity change squared * 1/2 mass?

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #351 on: December 31, 2012, 01:53:45 PM »
Improved.

No, you changed pertinent information based on our corrections.  That is a de facto admission of error, which you confirm below.  Since you have admitted to having been corrected, the conditions for the million-euro payout as laid out by you have been satisfied.  Of course you will now make some excuse for why you don't need to pay it.  You have been the one harping incessantly over how no one has been able to win your prize.  We now have evidence, both in the form of your admissions below and of the previous and current content of your site, that it has been won.  We will now watch you prove yourself to be both a liar and a fraud.

Evidently thanks to input from friendly visitors and comment by you & Co. That's an advantage of the Internet/webpages. Easy to improve your page thanks to suggestions from intelligent people and then, click, click.

You asked us to demonstrate that we were "more clever" than you.  You admit we have now done so.  Therefore you lose your wager.

Further, you have blatantly libeled a member of this board, and by insinuation all participants of it.  You are well across the line into illegal territory.  Not only have you defrauded the world by admitting satisfaction of the conditions of your wager with no intent to pay it, you have committed a flagrant defamation of character with clear disregard for the facts.  That is winnable libel in any court in the world.

Factually incorrect, as expected.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #352 on: December 31, 2012, 01:59:14 PM »

Tripod's page management software is notoriously buggy and insecure.  Most of the malware seems to derive from that.  Be that as it may, this is why no serious business or consultant uses it.  It's a toy hosting site.  But then again, no serious business would post its conspiracy-theory wackiness on a page designed to attract customers, and have that be its principal content.  There is no business.  It's a toy page pretending to give false legitimacy to what are surely the individual layman's activities of Anders Björkman.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Heiwa

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #353 on: December 31, 2012, 02:00:44 PM »

So, Heiwa, since you're listening, do you not agree when doing an energy balance equation that all energy needs to be taken into account?  Your idea of keeping it simple involves missing out terms in the equation and getting signs wrong.

I am not listening. I look at a PC screen. OK, some nice music in the background.

I like energy balances. You study A and B and the difference in energy between A and B. Simple. Just establish energy at A and compare same thing at B. And compare with others As and Bs. Forget rockets. Keep it simple. Just compare. And try to be polite. Try to behave like a nice person. Do not behave like a huligan. Or like a gangster. I know it is very difficult to do that, if you work for NASA or JPL. But you can try. It is difficult. DHS listening maybe?

BTW - what is wrong with my web page? Copy/paste what you do not understand.

Offline Heiwa

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #354 on: December 31, 2012, 02:03:45 PM »

"Total fuel used by the LM for descent and ascent was 10 237 kg according [1] . How it was possible as the LM could only carry 8 777 kg fuel remains a mystery".

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/nmc/spacecraftDisplay.do?id=1969-059C
Lunar Module Spacecraft and Subsystems

The lunar module was a two-stage vehicle designed for space operations near and on the Moon. The spacecraft mass of 15,065 kg was the mass of the LM including astronauts, propellants and expendables. The dry mass of the ascent stage was 2180 kg and it held 2639 kg of propellant. The descent stage dry mass was 2034 kg and 8212 kg of propellant were onboard initially.

I think your webpage sucks big time. It has more mistakes per paragraph than any I've seen for a while....if that was your aim....congratulations.

But ref [1] says something else. Willy Low is of course dead (since 1986) and cannot reply but ... maybe he is wrong? What do you think?

Offline Heiwa

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #355 on: December 31, 2012, 02:13:48 PM »

You asked us to demonstrate that we were "more clever" than you.  You admit we have now done so.  Therefore you lose your wager.

?? I only offered (http://heiwaco.tripod.com/chall.htm)  €1 000 000:- to anybody explaining, i.a. how to navigate in space from A to B and nobody has done it. Some has asked about the money and I have told them not to worry and carry on. I assume you are very clever so why do not demonstrate it. Do not worry about the money! Show that you are clever, intelligent, have Nobel price level mental ability, etc, and not nobody not even capable to clean a WC! Clear?

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #356 on: December 31, 2012, 02:20:45 PM »

?? I only offered (http://heiwaco.tripod.com/chall.htm)  €1 000 000:- to anybody explaining, i.a. how to navigate in space from A to B and nobody has done it. Some has asked about the money and I have told them not to worry and carry on. I assume you are very clever so why do not demonstrate it. Do not worry about the money! Show that you are clever, intelligent, have Nobel price level mental ability, etc, and not nobody not even capable to clean a WC! Clear?
Ah ha! I suspected your threat of leaving us might be an empty promise. You must be a glutton for punishment.
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline Glom

• Saturn
Re: Re: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?
« Reply #357 on: December 31, 2012, 02:31:47 PM »

So, Heiwa, since you're listening, do you not agree when doing an energy balance equation that all energy needs to be taken into account?  Your idea of keeping it simple involves missing out terms in the equation and getting signs wrong.

I am not listening. I look at a PC screen. OK, some nice music in the background.

I like energy balances. You study A and B and the difference in energy between A and B. Simple. Just establish energy at A and compare same thing at B. And compare with others As and Bs. Forget rockets. Keep it simple. Just compare. And try to be polite. Try to behave like a nice person. Do not behave like a huligan. Or like a gangster. I know it is very difficult to do that, if you work for NASA or JPL. But you can try. It is difficult. DHS listening maybe?

You're not comparing A and B because you forget that B is not just the spacecraft, but the exhaust as well. It's like you're calculating the energy of the full spacecraft at A and then the spacecraft minus its HGA at B.

Offline Daggerstab

• Earth
    • Badly Honed Bytes (my blog)
« Reply #358 on: December 31, 2012, 02:35:37 PM »
But ref [1] says something else. Willy Low is of course dead (since 1986) and cannot reply but ... maybe he is wrong? What do you think?

What does "[1]" say and on which page? Page number, please.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #359 on: December 31, 2012, 02:37:08 PM »

What is wrong with your website is that it is full of malware.  Why will you not respond to this basic point?  I am not going to copy-paste from your site, because I am not going to visit your site.  I do not feel the need to infect my computer, because I can tell from what you write here that you don't know what you're talking about.  You do not have the money.  You are not an engineer.  You are not intellectually honest enough to admit to the people who correct you that you were wrong about something.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates