Author Topic: Jarrah White LEO ISS  (Read 9265 times)

Offline Lave

• Mercury
Jarrah White LEO ISS
« on: September 10, 2017, 07:52:18 AM »

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Jarrah White LEO ISS
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 09:12:33 AM »
I'm not sure why you labeled this video as Jarrah White, when the it was created by Eric Dubay, a Flat Earth nut burg. I only watched about 10 seconds, as I don't want to waste an hour Dubay's delusions about the shape of the Earth
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Grashtel

• Venus
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 10:40:43 AM »

You just have to laugh.
Any chance of a summary so we have some idea of what the video is and if its worth spending the time watching?
"Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it." -Florence Ambrose

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 01:28:57 PM »

You just have to laugh.
Any chance of a summary so we have some idea of what the video is and if its worth spending the time watching?
Personally I would not waste an hour or a minute watching any of Eric's videos.  I did watch about 10 minutes of one where he states "Have an open mind while viewing it" and then precedes to go into the stupid observations of the Flat Earth.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 06:47:45 PM »
So no connection with The Blunder?

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 07:20:28 PM »
Good special effects. They faked the thing I saw in the sky with my own eyes.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 07:30:09 PM »
So no connection with The Blunder?

Nor would I have expected it to be.

While The Blunder is an idiot, he's not a complete idiot, i.e. he is not a Flat Earther or someone who believes the "rockets won't work in space" meme. In fact, IIRC, he incurred the wrath of fellow members of The Stupidati when he declared ISS, Hubble and SpaceX's efforts at returning rockets to Earth as real.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 08:38:36 PM by smartcooky »
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 06:50:43 AM »
I've been wanting to share this for a while and this seems like a good spot. For those of you not familiar with Cluesforum, it is a collection of incredibly arrogant people all following the cult of personality of the forum's creator 'Simonshack'. Posters, and posts, are heavily policed and anyone who does not toe a narrowly defined and rigidly enforced party line is disposed of very quickly. Threads that contradict their perceived reality are routinely deleted and posts removed.

As far as they are concerned everything is faked by some incoherently specified 'them' for the purposes of something or other, and there is no such thing is pretty much anything. They, and only they, are smart enough to work this out. Everyone else, without exception, is either wrong or in on the scam - whatever the scam is.

A thread I've been following with a great deal of amusement, happily knitting by the guillotine, is this one:

http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=720

in the past few weeks it has been joined by one poster (NotRappaport) who has displayed a more than competent understanding of astronomy, rocketry and other space matters, but who then spoils it all by declaring at the last moment that "but yeah it's fake". More recently he has turned his attention to the ISS, declaring that it is a real thing in orbit, it's just that there are no astronauts on it and it can't possibly be for what 'they' claim it is.

He has set about proving, very coherently, why it is at the altitude it is and why it is moving at the speed it is. He has even succeeded in taking some photos with relatively crude equipment and showing that it is indeed the shape that everyone says it is. The response of the forum's obergruppenfuhrer and his pack of lapdogs has been predictably snide, sinister and patronising.

I'd start somewhere around page 88, or just work backwards from the end.

If you value your blood pressure I wouldn't explore too much of the rest of the forum. They really are the most  offensive self-deluded set of sycophants you'll ever come across.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 08:37:07 AM by onebigmonkey »

Offline Ranb

• Mars
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 12:00:23 AM »
I've been wanting to share this for a while and this seems like a good spot. For those of you not familiar with Cluesforum, it is a collection of incredibly arrogant people all following the cult of personality of the forum's creator 'Simonshack'. Posters, and posts, are heavily policed and anyone who does not toe a narrowly defined and rigidly enforced party line is disposed of very quickly. Threads that contradict their perceived reality are routinely deleted and posts removed.
I and a few people I know registered and were permitted to post for a while.  All of us got banned within a few days.  I think most of our posts are still there though.

They are the most cowardly group of people I've encountered on the internet.  They start out by declaring just about any incident covered by the mass media as fake.  They then use this conclusion to determine that any photos of the scene are comprised of simulated victims and actors.  It reminds me of the scene in Disney's Alice in Wonderland when the Red Queen demands the sentence before the trial.

Ranb
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 12:06:43 AM by Ranb »

Offline apollo16uvc

• Mars
  • Where no telescope has gone before.
    • Patreon
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 04:34:29 PM »

As far as they are concerned everything is faked by some incoherently specified 'them' for the purposes of something or other, and there is no such thing is pretty much anything. They, and only they, are smart enough to work this out. Everyone else, without exception, is either wrong or in on the scam - whatever the scam is.

A thread I've been following with a great deal of amusement, happily knitting by the guillotine, is this one:

in the past few weeks it has been joined by one poster (NotRappaport) who has displayed a more than competent understanding of astronomy, rocketry and other space matters, but who then spoils it all by declaring at the last moment that "but yeah it's fake". More recently he has turned his attention to the ISS, declaring that it is a real thing in orbit, it's just that there are no astronauts on it and it can't possibly be for what 'they' claim it is.

He has set about proving, very coherently, why it is at the altitude it is and why it is moving at the speed it is. He has even succeeded in taking some photos with relatively crude equipment and showing that it is indeed the shape that everyone says it is. The response of the forum's obergruppenfuhrer and his pack of lapdogs has been predictably snide, sinister and patronising.

If you value your blood pressure I wouldn't explore too much of the rest of the forum. They really are the most  offensive self-deluded set of sycophants you'll ever come across.
I think rap just says its fake at the last moment because he knows he will be kicked out if he doesn't.

The topics about them 'spotting' "fakery" in WWII photos is absolutely laughable and rubbish.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 04:40:06 PM by apollo16uvc »
Watch me at: YouTube
Experience the past: Flickr
Support me on Patreon

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 10:59:13 PM »

I could only manage about three posts before my brain started to ache from an input overload of stupid.

Suffice to say that "cluesforum" ought to be renamed "cluelessforum"
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 04:21:17 AM »
Indeed :D

A recent eye-rolling 'yeah right, NASA, pffft' post proving the fakeness of spaceships made three claims in quick succession:

There are no images/footage of the ISS being built.
There is no video of space suits being tested in vacuum conditions.
There are no photographs taken by NASA of the ISS from Earth.

They must be using a different version of google to me...

One of the more mindboggling circular logic claims is the one where they argue that space travel is fake, and all photos of space travel are fake, because if space travel was real there would be photos of it  :o

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 06:18:29 AM »
Indeed :D

A recent eye-rolling 'yeah right, NASA, pffft' post proving the fakeness of spaceships made three claims in quick succession:

There are no images/footage of the ISS being built.
There is no video of space suits being tested in vacuum conditions.
There are no photographs taken by NASA of the ISS from Earth.

They must be using a different version of google to me...

One of the more mindboggling circular logic claims is the one where they argue that space travel is fake, and all photos of space travel are fake, because if space travel was real there would be photos of it  :o

Is Baker in on this thread?
Eugene Cernan