Author Topic: Kids say the darnedest things...  (Read 72321 times)

Online Peter B

• Saturn
Re: Kids say the darnedest things...
« Reply #240 on: January 20, 2023, 06:54:17 PM »
15YOS is a typical teenager - he's stinky and he mumbles. This provides context for me misunderstanding what he said when he and his siblings were discussing superpowers they'd like.

15YOS: The superpower I'd like is to be able to mumble myself.

Me: Eh? You'd like to 'what' yourself?

15YOS: Clone myself.

Me: Oh. Right. I thought you said clean yourself.

15YOS: Embarrassed laughter.

12YOS and 10YOD (because they know their brother): Raucous laughter.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #241 on: January 21, 2023, 01:42:31 PM »
I was on a jury this week.  The kids have been very interested in the process and what I told them about my fellow jurors.  Sandy wanted to meet them and was disappointed that my service was ending.  "When you die, can I take your place on the jury?"
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Online Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #242 on: April 30, 2023, 08:14:29 AM »
All three kids are watching the TV while I cook dinner. A few minutes before I'm finished I go into their room...

Me: Turn the TV off when that show is finished, dinner's nearly ready.

Kids: Okay.

I go back to the kitchen and finish things in a few minutes. I then return to the kids to tell them dinner's ready, only to find the TV still on with a new show.

Me (slightly outraged): I told you to turn the TV off at the end of the last show. Why's it on now?

12YOS: We turned it off, but 10YOD turned it back on again.

Me: Why didn't you tell her to turn it off after what I said?

12YOS: But didn't you know? I'm unreliable!

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #243 on: May 28, 2023, 01:31:40 AM »

Proud of my granddaughter Eva, won 3 out of 3 of her Ju Jitsu matches, which considering they banned her glasses, without which she is virtually blind, was some feat.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Online Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #244 on: July 07, 2023, 08:12:54 AM »
Would your 10-year-old ask this?

= = = =

13YOS is reading "The Big Fat Cow That Goes Kapow!" by Andy Griffiths* to 10YOD.

13YOS: Here comes Mike / Mike rides a bike / Mike rides a bike with a very big spike.

10YOD: Is he jousting?

* If you have kids, I'm sure they'd enjoy "The 13-Storey Treehouse" and its sequels.

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #245 on: December 20, 2023, 11:18:06 AM »
So Eva my granddaughter (shown in the above image) says that her class is going to sing Christmas Carols at an old age pensioners retirement home. So her younger brother, Harry pipes up, “Are you going to granddads house then?” I can go off my grandchildren 🤣😂
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)