Author Topic: Photographs in the heat of the moon  (Read 2946 times)

Offline BDL

• Venus
Photographs in the heat of the moon
« on: August 04, 2018, 07:37:22 PM »
There was a new and original (probably original?) hoax argument that I found and I’d appreciate if you could help me out here.
So here in this picture of the Lunar Module, you’ll see some flat photograph-like item on the feet of the ascent stage. https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-4282da2f7671c88498bb45d390910544-c
The argument is that it’s a photograph and that it should be shriveled up in the surface temperature of the moon.
Additionally, when you zoom in on the pictures, one of them seems to be of the moon’s landscape. I don’t know what the picture on the right is of. They look a little odd.
I wonder if the supposed photographs appear in the official archive.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 08:00:52 PM by BDL »
“One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind.” - Neil Armstrong, 1969

Offline ajv

• Venus
Re: Photographs in the heat of the moon
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 08:43:47 PM »
It's not original. Jack White used it in one of his "studies". Jack thought he could detect an astronaut, the LM, and a US flag in the "photos".

Evan Burton has a post about it on the EducationForum. It's discarded foil reflecting the lunar surface and other objects.

Offline BDL

• Venus
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 08:49:34 PM »
It's not original. Jack White used it in one of his "studies". Jack thought he could detect an astronaut, the LM, and a US flag in the "photos".

Evan Burton has a post about it on the EducationForum. It's discarded foil reflecting the lunar surface and other objects.
Thank you very much for the information.  :)

“One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind.” - Neil Armstrong, 1969

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 11:14:38 PM »
Surface temperature? The temperature of the surface of the Moon varies between night and day - and when the Apollo missions were on the Moon, they landed in the early lunar morning - for several reasons. One was the thermal load on the LM was easier to handle early in the lunar morning, because the soil hadn't been heated up, and was quite cold.

Another reason to land in the early lunar morning was the lighting of the surface.  Seeing craters and boulders and ground features was easier when the sun was low, and everything casts shadows. If they had landed with the sun high in the sky, it would have been quite difficult to land safely.

Less IR from the surface to heat the LM.

Hoax believers tend to think the entire surface heats up to the max in seconds, once the sun is up. Of course it does not. The maximum temperature of the surface of the Moon is around 107 C. On equator. At HIGH NOON. Not 5 days before. When the Apollo misisons landed.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 01:50:37 AM »
What's funny is they get all excited about this piece of aluminized mylar, when, if they wanted a real example of a photo on the surface of the moon, they'd only have to go look for AS16-117-18841.
Just shows their ignorance, as if any more evidence was needed