Author Topic: Whereabouts of Turboniun  (Read 4513 times)

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
Whereabouts of Turboniun
« on: December 22, 2013, 03:25:07 PM »
I was reading a moon hoax thread at Above Top Secret from early 2013 where a poster was engaging with Turboniun and accused him of being an alter ego of Fattydash/Patrick/Doctor Socks.
This got me thinking - has there been any sighting of Turboniun on the Internet since Patrick Tekeil's passing? It would be ironic if two of the most notorious moon hoax trolls of all time were actually one and the same.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
Re: Whereabouts of Turboniun
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 08:22:19 PM »
I was reading a moon hoax thread at Above Top Secret from early 2013 where a poster was engaging with Turboniun and accused him of being an alter ego of Fattydash/Patrick/Doctor Socks.
This got me thinking - has there been any sighting of Turboniun on the Internet since Patrick Tekeil's passing? It would be ironic if two of the most notorious moon hoax trolls of all time were actually one and the same.

Ironic perhaps, but not surprising.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 09:34:51 PM »
Never mind. I see that Turbonium is alive and well and still spewing his nonsense at ATS.

His posting style didn't match Patrick's, anyway.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 09:36:28 PM by AtomicDog »
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 09:37:44 PM »
Ah, that might explain his absence from Unexplained Mysteries, where he was flying the Moon Hoax banner pretty much alone.

Offline Procopius

• Mercury
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 08:06:17 AM »
Ah, that might explain his absence from Unexplained Mysteries, where he was flying the Moon Hoax banner pretty much alone.

How odd.  His absence from Unexplained Mysteries, was itself an unexplained mystery!