Author Topic: How can you not love.....  (Read 6697 times)

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
How can you not love.....
« on: March 19, 2013, 03:38:35 AM »

... a Country band covering Queen?

Direct link:   http://youtu.be/9YkC24g-f7M
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline DataCable

• Earth
Re: How can you not love.....
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 10:26:23 PM »
The first 3 words after the ellipsis, that's how.
Bearer of the highly coveted "I Found Venus In 9 Apollo Photos" sweatsocks.

"you data is still open for interpretation, after all a NASA employee might of wipe a booger or dropped a hair on it" - showtime

DataCable2015 A+

Offline cjameshuff

• Mars
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 10:49:47 PM »
The first 3 words after the ellipsis, that's how.

I have no objection to the first word. The problem is the second and third, at least when used together.

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 05:37:44 AM »
Bands in all genres do this kind of thing when they're goofing around, though.  I was at a Three Dog Night concert back in the 70s when they went a bit off the rails and played Wildwood Flower. That was right before the on-stage pie fight.

This particular band isn't high on my playlist - it's just the goofiness of it all I found charming.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 09:55:39 AM »
I don't like Queen and don't care much for country music (with rare exceptions for a few Texas artists.)  The combination is enough to make me shutter.  The real problem is that song is so infectious that it is too hard to shake off without help so I'll need to find some anti-country medicine.  A megadose of Karlheinz Stockhausen should do the trick and I happen to have some on my cloud server....  Yes, I feel better already.  ;)
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 03:17:38 PM »
I don't like Queen and don't care much for country music (with rare exceptions for a few Texas artists.)  The combination is enough to make me shutter.  The real problem is that song is so infectious that it is too hard to shake off without help so I'll need to find some anti-country medicine.  A megadose of Karlheinz Stockhausen should do the trick and I happen to have some on my cloud server....  Yes, I feel better already.  ;)

Perhaps a large tumbler of The Three Tenors with just a soupçon of Tom Waits would do the trick.  :)

It is infectious, which makes it a bit hazardous as singing it under your breath in public is bound to bring you grief sooner or later.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 05:12:29 PM »
The combination is enough to make me shutter.

You pull those window treatments tight and lock them, right?

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 07:56:41 PM »
The combination is enough to make me shutter.

You pull those window treatments tight and lock them, right?

Thank you, I will.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Kiwi

• Mars
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 07:10:37 AM »
How can you not love..... a Country band covering Queen?

I like it!  Ever since I was a teenager who heard covers of Bob Dylan songs (Peter, Paul &  Mary, The Byrds and others) long before I heard him, I've been a fan of cover versions that are done well, and that one certainly is in my opinion.  If I listened to it more I might even prefer it to Queen's version.

I have about 20 CDs of cover versions of my top-favourite artist, Buddy Holly, and some of them are excellent.  But the one combination I heard of that made me gulp and wonder if it could possibly work, was that of of a bluegrass band doing Holly's work!  That band is Runaway Express http://www.runawayexpress.com/ and happily I can say it does work for me.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 07:20:15 AM by Kiwi »
Don't criticize what you can't understand. — Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin'” (1963)
Some people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices and superstitions. — Edward R. Murrow (1908–65)