Off Topic > Beyond Belief

UFO 'event' - Printy, Forgetomori, etc are you listening in?

(1/2) > >>

ChrLz:
I apologise for the title - hopefully it got your interest!!  I was rather intrigued to read that the 'American University' (a rather strange, but seemingly reasonably credible, if not all that highly regarded, institution) is hosting a 'panel event' discussing the UFO phenomena.

A panel event that has, as its panel:
Leslie Kean (Belgian Wave, Chilean ufos bugs)
Col. Charles Halt (Rendlesham)
Tom Carey (Roswell book author)
Richard Haines (he of the mediocre image analyses)

Hmmmmmm.  Seems a little unbalanced to me.  Anyways, this event will be held on Nov 12, 7:30pm, public welcome, free.. in Washington DC.  Is anyone nearby and able to attend?  And do any of you folks know who in the UFO skeptic arena eg Printy/Forgetomori etc, might live thereabouts?  I don't know if there will be much, or even any, opportunity to question these rather well-known folks about what they present, but even so I'd love to be there to find out what they are saying nowadays, and also if they mention any of their past failings... :D  Seems a very odd thing for a uni to host, especially crewed by those .. insert favorite ad hominem here..

RAF:

--- Quote from: ChrLz on October 22, 2014, 08:30:27 AM ---I apologise for the title - hopefully it got your interest!!
--- End quote ---

I saw the name, Printy, and had to see what this was about...so yeah.

--- Quote ---...and also if they mention any of their past failings... :D
--- End quote ---

In Keen's "case", that would be the entire presentation. :)

--- Quote ---Seems a very odd thing for a uni to host, especially crewed by those .. insert favorite ad hominem here..

--- End quote ---

The "professor" hosting this credulous "UFO love fest" should be fired. When he stated that "so and so" was standing 20 feet from supposed UFO, I had to turn off the video.

edit....to answer your question, I have no idea who might live in that area...sorry.

Echnaton:
Egad, it is hosted by the Honors Program.  Universities have peculiar presentations all the time, but one would hope the school would have a more sense than to claim this tripe as having anything to do with academic excellence. 

RAF:

--- Quote from: Echnaton on October 22, 2014, 10:58:57 AM ---Egad, it is hosted by the Honors Program.
--- End quote ---

Did I hear "the professor", correctly?....that he is teaching some sort of class where these sightings are taken seriously??

I repeat that this "professor" should be fired, and wonder if the administration of said school knows what's going on here.

Echnaton:
If he can't be fired because of tenure the admin certainly should be embarrassed enough not to put it in the program web site.  UFO studies belong in the sociology or psych department with the  study of other irrational curiosities in human nature.  One can only hope for the university's sake that some social science prof made attendance at this event a class assignment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version