Author Topic: A few simple questions for conspiracy theorists  (Read 270586 times)

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
Re: Re: A few simple questions for conspiracy theorists
« Reply #225 on: April 17, 2013, 10:40:25 AM »

If the HB believe that there isn't one single person within the whole Apollo Programme  who has/had the personal integrity and courage that Frank Serpico had, then they do not have an understanding of Human beings at all.

Spot on.

There are two things all HB's seem to believe  - that they are the only people with courage or integrity and that anyone who disagrees with their conclusions is working for NASA.

And of course they are allowed to live.

I still maintain that, especially considering that a lot of Apollo took place in Texas, that death threats on a large scale would have been more likely to result in a landscape littered with deceased "Men in Black" than meek compliance.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline DataCable

• Earth
Re: A few simple questions for conspiracy theorists
« Reply #226 on: April 17, 2013, 09:20:42 PM »
In the strictly legal sense, the Holocaust was a conspiracy.
This movie agrees.
Bearer of the highly coveted "I Found Venus In 9 Apollo Photos" sweatsocks.

"you data is still open for interpretation, after all a NASA employee might of wipe a booger or dropped a hair on it" - showtime

DataCable2015 A+

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #227 on: April 17, 2013, 10:53:46 PM »
And it's based on the Nazis' own documents, so there you are!  (It is also quite good; why is Kenneth Branagh so good at playing a Nazi?)
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #228 on: April 19, 2013, 03:01:45 AM »
I'm rapidly forming the opinion that some conspiracy theorists have lost all rationality and are nothing more than lonely, angry souls with bugger all connections to the rest of the human race. They carry their bitterness and desire to believe that they are "special" to extraordinary lengths. I'm sure that some of these freaks rarely have contact with "normal" society.

I'm sorry for the harsh words, but someone linked me to the Cluesforum.info page. The utter cretins on there have a "Boston Marathon - alleged "terror attack" thread going, where in-between the photos of an inhuman atrocity, you have sad-sacks trying to argue that the pictures are faked and the bombs were nothing more than a media conspiracy (do not search for the thread unless you are prepared for some pretty horrible images of human suffering). Again. I'm sorry, but these people are living n the margins of what I would call normal.

I can only assume that most are like this image. Sad, sad little people, with no true human bonds.

<shakes head, walks away to contemplate>
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 03:05:40 AM by Zakalwe »
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #229 on: April 19, 2013, 05:59:25 PM »
I'm rapidly forming the opinion that some conspiracy theorists have lost all rationality and are nothing more than lonely, angry souls with bugger all connections to the rest of the human race. They carry their bitterness and desire to believe that they are "special" to extraordinary lengths. I'm sure that some of these freaks rarely have contact with "normal" society.

I'm sorry for the harsh words, but someone linked me to the Cluesforum.info page. The utter cretins on there have a "Boston Marathon - alleged "terror attack" thread going, where in-between the photos of an inhuman atrocity, you have sad-sacks trying to argue that the pictures are faked and the bombs were nothing more than a media conspiracy (do not search for the thread unless you are prepared for some pretty horrible images of human suffering). Again. I'm sorry, but these people are living n the margins of what I would call normal.

I can only assume that most are like this image. Sad, sad little people, with no true human bonds.

<shakes head, walks away to contemplate>

I got about two pages in and had to bail. I'm pretty much inured to graphic injuries, but the graphic stupidity was too much for me to handle.

I mean, ignorance can be corrected, but 'you can't fix stupid'.

Seriously, do not go look if you can't handle the sight of serious injury.

"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #230 on: April 19, 2013, 07:57:05 PM »
I've always wondered who that kid is and where he is now.
He obviously had a certain love for computers back in their early infancy as home user devices. Was he able to find work that furthered that joy, or did it whither and die from lack of support or being only able find work that crushed that dream?
He may be the Internet's ubernerd, but he is also a human being. With hopes, loves, and dreams, some different but many the same as any of us.
Is he someone's uncle or even father?
If he is dead, who mourned him? Do they morn him still?

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #231 on: April 19, 2013, 09:30:08 PM »
Thank you.

I also felt queasy at the making fun.  But I didn't know how to say it.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #232 on: April 19, 2013, 10:51:04 PM »
I'm not sure he's a kid, come to that.  Observe his right hand.

But yeah, I see no reason to assume that the guy in the picture is as much of a loser as the cretins who trade in human suffering for their own personal self-aggrandizement.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline geo7863

• Venus
« Reply #233 on: April 20, 2013, 07:56:16 AM »

I got about two pages in and had to bail. I'm pretty much inured to graphic injuries, but the graphic stupidity was too much for me to handle.

I mean, ignorance can be corrected, but 'you can't fix stupid'.

Seriously, do not go look if you can't handle the sight of serious injury.

Same here, even the most extreme gore doesn't bother me anymore... except the sight of severe hand injuries which for some reason does very much! But I didn't even make the bottom of the first page without wanting to head-butt the wall in exasperation!

I wonder how some of these people have actually got enough brain power to switch a computer on with some of the inane and incredibly stupid questions they come out with.

One picture halfway down the first page is, I guess, a gif. file...... two photos flashing one over the other. The first shows the pavement just after the blast with all the injured and the first 'responders', the second shows the pavement after everyone has been taken away and it is now quite obviously a 'crime scene'

The moron who has posted these, shows absolute incredulity that the barriers and flags have all been removed but the detritus of the aftermath is still there, bits of clothing, bloodied dressings, street rubbish etc.

I want to grab hold of this moron and scream in his ear with a bullhorn "Why the 'F' do you think its still there?"

On Facebook there is a 'Private detective' in Germany who believes Boston is a 'false flag operation'. He has posted a ghastly photomontage which shows Jeff Bauman being rushed away in the wheelchair.

First statement he makes: "I cant believe that he is still conscious after such blood loss"..... mmmm where have we heard this kind of argument before?

Second statement: "Why are they wheeling him up the street why didn't they wait for an ambulance and proper first aid?".......mmm some detective you are cupcake! if you have seen the press reports there is a Medical Tent, presumably with trained Doctors in it, about 120-150m away from the blast site...why should they wait for an ambulance with a guy who has severe injuries and shock from blood loss... also one of the guys with the wheelchair is in uniform with EMT on his chest... doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand what that means.

third Statement: "If there are no ambulances available how come wheelchair is immediately at hand"...... Gods teeth! Can it be possibly true that a grown man, and supposedly a detective at that, cant figure out why on earth there would possibly be wheelchairs at the finish line of an event where thousands of people run for 26 miles? People who in the majority are not World Class athletes, people from their teens to their 80's....is it really so hard to figure this out?

It makes me fume that such derogatory (to the victims and their families) crap is put on line sometimes!

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #234 on: April 20, 2013, 09:04:19 AM »
That's the same kind of crap that anywho said in the post that got him banned.
He also said that Sandy Hook was a hoax, too.
He's one of those that no hoax belief is too outrageous for him to swallow.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #235 on: April 20, 2013, 12:51:59 PM »
Looking through the insanity on Cluesforum makes me despair for the human race. The internet is a great educational tool but it also enables the ignorant and foolish to effortlessly feed each others delusions.

In the London 7/7 section, one dunderhead appears to believe that a chrome bar on the outside of the Tavistock Square bus is part of the 'lifting apparatus' used to drop the 'prop bus' into position.(Er, no, it's a feature common to many UK double-deckers. Its function is to deflect tree branches from the top front windows). And, of course, nobody challenges this claim, although references to 'Jews' crop up almost immediately.

" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline Glom

• Saturn
Re: Re: A few simple questions for conspiracy theorists
« Reply #236 on: April 20, 2013, 02:55:22 PM »
Looking through the insanity on Cluesforum makes me despair for the human race. The internet is a great educational tool but it also enables the ignorant and foolish to effortlessly feed each others delusions.

In the London 7/7 section, one dunderhead appears to believe that a chrome bar on the outside of the Tavistock Square bus is part of the 'lifting apparatus' used to drop the 'prop bus' into position.(Er, no, it's a feature common to many UK double-deckers. Its function is to deflect tree branches from the top front windows). And, of course, nobody challenges this claim, although references to 'Jews' crop up almost immediately.

Such incoherence. The idea that a blue petered blowed up bus could be hauled through central London and dropped into place without anyone notice is beyond ludicrous. For all the insane things I've heard about the Apollo hoax, nothing approaches this.

And of course, they accidentally left the tell tale equipment.

If 7/7 was a government conspiracy, why not just blow up the bus as it travelled its route?

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #237 on: April 20, 2013, 02:58:47 PM »

Wait...a totally visible, CHROMED fitting used to lower scenery into camera view?

Has this man ever SEEN a film?

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #238 on: April 20, 2013, 04:00:41 PM »
So I guess a good follow up question would be "Do you actually think about the theories you propose, or do you just blurt out every random idea that pops into your head?".
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #239 on: April 20, 2013, 04:12:28 PM »

Wait...a totally visible, CHROMED fitting used to lower scenery into camera view?

Has this man ever SEEN a film?

I think his point was that it was left on, either through incompetence or, guess what? Whistleblowing. That's one of the things they share with Apollo HB's. That these huge, complex conspiracies with casts of thousands but no apparent objective are stuffed to the gills with people who want to give the game away by leaving clues lying around the place (a movie poster on the side of the bus with the word 'terror' in the blurb is apparently a dead giveaway). They also share with HB's an inability to understand things like perspective, camera angles and different lenses.

Such incoherence. The idea that a blue petered blowed up bus could be hauled through central London and dropped into place without anyone notice is beyond ludicrous. For all the insane things I've heard about the Apollo hoax, nothing approaches this.

And of course, they accidentally left the tell tale equipment.

If 7/7 was a government conspiracy, why not just blow up the bus as it travelled its route?

The one glimmer of hope is that, again much like Apollo HB's, they can't even agree what the conspiracy actually was. Some believe the whole thing was a media hoax, with all the participants actors, all photos and video faked, no real casualties. Reminds me of nothing more than the 'People's Front of Judea/Judean People's Front' schism in Life of Brian!

" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.