Author Topic: A few simple questions for conspiracy theorists  (Read 270835 times)

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
Re: A few simple questions for conspiracy theorists
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
I debunk because hoax believers make really blatant errors in their claims and it just bugs me. Is it so hard to do basic research?

Obviously it is! Do some research why space travel does not exist and you will get some doubts about why it in the sixties did exist.

Do you really honestly 100% believe that?

Yes, there is no one who claims he travels in space.

That is so obviously untrue that I cannot believe you are serious.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:30:39 PM by Andromeda »
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2013, 01:28:07 PM »
OK, I see the use of it and respect that.

So are you willing to participate in the holy cause of fighting your own ignorance?  Because you've shown quite a lot of it.

....tired.....you want to pick a fight....I refuse....

You came on here and insulted us all - now we have called you on it, that is "picking a fight"?
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Believer

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2013, 01:34:40 PM »
And does the umbrella phrase 'independent scientists' include the hundreds or thousands of geologists worldwide over the last few decades who have studied the Apollo samples and published papers about them?

I did look into this, as said above, about doing research, do your research, and you will find there are no Apollo samples. There is just a couple of milligram of moondust, which could very well have been collected by a robotlander.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2013, 01:35:54 PM »
And does the umbrella phrase 'independent scientists' include the hundreds or thousands of geologists worldwide over the last few decades who have studied the Apollo samples and published papers about them?

I did look into this, as said above, about doing research, do your research, and you will find there are no Apollo samples. There is just a couple of milligram of moondust, which could very well have been collected by a robotlander.

He has done his research.

"A couple of milligrams"?  I think you mistyped "842 pounds".
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:40:59 PM by Andromeda »

Offline geo7863

• Venus
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2013, 01:36:54 PM »
I debunk because hoax believers make really blatant errors in their claims and it just bugs me. Is it so hard to do basic research?

Obviously it is! Do some research why space travel does not exist and you will get some doubts about why it in the sixties did exist.

Aha...ok.....well yes quite! mmmm please tell me do you think Nuclear weapons are real? or do you believe that 9/11 was an inside job?

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2013, 01:37:42 PM »
I did look into this, as said above, about doing research, do your research

I have. It included looking up who wrote what papers.

and you will find there are no Apollo samples. There is just a couple of milligram of moondust, which could very well have been collected by a robotlander.

Your source for this claim is what, exactly? Even the Russians managed to collect orders of magnitude more than a few milligrams with their robot landers. Explain the hundreds of pounds of rock, soil and core tube samples from Apollo.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Believer

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2013, 01:43:54 PM »

Aha...ok.....well yes quite! mmmm please tell me do you think Nuclear weapons are real? or do you believe that 9/11 was an inside job?

Yes they are real, and yes 9/11 was an inside job.

Offline Believer

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2013, 01:47:30 PM »
I did look into this, as said above, about doing research, do your research

I have. It included looking up who wrote what papers.

and you will find there are no Apollo samples. There is just a couple of milligram of moondust, which could very well have been collected by a robotlander.

Your source for this claim is what, exactly? Even the Russians managed to collect orders of magnitude more than a few milligrams with their robot landers. Explain the hundreds of pounds of rock, soil and core tube samples from Apollo.

These supposed kg's are safely kept by someone who does not give away anything. If you would want to investigate you have to fill in lots of forms, and then, if they like you, you get some mg of moonrock. That could be real moonrock, or some prepared rocks like meteorite parts.

There are no big discoveries done by anyone with the moonrocks. Every claim about that reverses to that same person who holds the supposed moonrocks from Apollo.

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2013, 01:48:35 PM »
Errrrrrr....don't feed the troll?

Offline Believer

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2013, 01:50:07 PM »

Hello, Heiwa.

I am not Heiwa, but I read about his reward for a couple of subjects. I must say I like very much his way of thinking and putting forward some questions for the real 'believers'.

Offline Not Myself

• Earth
  • Unwanted Irritant
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2013, 01:50:32 PM »
I think you mistyped "842 pounds".

They didn't weight that much until they were brought to earth  ;D
The internet - where bigfoot is real and the moon landings aren't.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2013, 01:51:40 PM »
These supposed kg's are safely kept by someone who does not give away anything.

Of course they don't just give them away. They came from the Moon and we don't have any more coming in any time soon to replace them. Therefore you have to justify your requirement to use them for your research. That is standard practice.

If you would want to investigate you have to fill in lots of forms, and then, if they like you, you get some mg of moonrock.

You can get grams of rock or soil.

That could be real moonrock, or some prepared rocks like meteorite parts.

Ah, the usual 'geologists wouldn't know a real rock from a fake one' garbage. Do feel free to dismiss an entire branch of science in one fell swoop...

There are no big discoveries done by anyone with the moonrocks. Every claim about that reverses to that same person who holds the supposed moonrocks from Apollo.

Evidence for that claim please?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2013, 01:51:55 PM »
I think you mistyped "842 pounds".

They didn't weight that much until they were brought to earth  ;D

No, but they never weighed just "a couple of milligrams".

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2013, 01:53:24 PM »
I am not Heiwa, but I read about his reward for a couple of subjects. I must say I like very much his way of thinking and putting forward some questions for the real 'believers'.

And by presenting yourself as an admirer of Heiwa you lose credibility very rapidly. Tell me, what did you think of his shifting of goalposts, quietly altering his site, refusing to provide his sources, and dismissing all who disagreed with him as fools best ignored, thus invalidating his entire reward offer?

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2013, 01:55:16 PM »

Watch particularly from the 11 minute 30 second mark. Or are you saying only women travel in space?