Author Topic: A few simple questions for conspiracy theorists  (Read 270533 times)

Offline raven

• Uranus
Re: A few simple questions for conspiracy theorists
« Reply #285 on: October 18, 2014, 03:12:21 PM »
I'd love that kid to go to court. He'd finally have to answer for his numerous counts of perjury in his misuse of the Youtube video reporting system for censorship.
That just toasts my buttocks in the worst way.

Offline AstroBrant

• Mars
  • Yes, we did.
« Reply #286 on: October 19, 2014, 01:13:08 AM »
To Dr. Acula,

Thanks.

What is "HWSNBN"?

He Who Shall Not Be Named  ;D

Call me lazy, but it's easier to type ;)

Thanks. I've seen some of the veterans using acronyms that I didn't recognize at first. I could figure some of them out, but not others. From the context clues I figured you were talking about TGDASOBWDHACWHTA, but I just couldn't get it. At least now I know this one.
May your skies be clear and your thinking even clearer.
(Youtube: astrobrant2)

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #287 on: October 19, 2014, 02:32:27 AM »
Every community starts to form its own little jargon after a while. I  think it's kind of neat, though it can be a little hard to understand at first.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #288 on: October 19, 2014, 04:27:58 AM »
I'd love that kid to go to court.

I would too. I would also like to see him defend his arguments against real experts, while it is being filmed for the sake of prosperity. The latter would provide me with more enjoyment than the former, as the DMCA violations are a side show.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #289 on: October 19, 2014, 08:41:47 AM »

Thanks. I've seen some of the veterans using acronyms that I didn't recognize at first. I could figure some of them out, but not others. From the context clues I figured you were talking about TGDASOBWDHACWHTA, but I just couldn't get it. At least now I know this one.

TGDASOBWDHACWHTA

:P Got the feeling to have broken fingers after typing this.

Now it's me, who couldn't get it. I've never seen this acronym. Who is this?
Nice words aren't always true and true words aren't always nice - Laozi

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #290 on: October 19, 2014, 11:54:40 AM »

TGDASOBWDHACWHTA

Maybe it's something like "That God Damned A-hole (Australian?) Son Of a Beach Doesn't Have A Clue When He Talks Apollo"? :)
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #291 on: October 19, 2014, 12:32:25 PM »

TGDASOBWDHACWHTA

Maybe it's something like "That God Damned A-hole (Australian?) Son Of a Beach Doesn't Have A Clue When He Talks Apollo"? :)

;D Seems you nailed it.

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #292 on: October 19, 2014, 12:37:14 PM »

TGDASOBWDHACWHTA

That god damned Aussie son of a bitch who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. 8)

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #293 on: October 19, 2014, 12:42:34 PM »

TGDASOBWDHACWHTA

That god damned Aussie son of a bitch who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. 8)

So we can use a similar acronym for Awe: TGDDSOBWDHACWHTA (This god damned Dutch....)  ::)

Offline tikkitakki

• Venus
« Reply #294 on: October 19, 2014, 03:44:27 PM »
Gesundheit!

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #295 on: October 19, 2014, 04:02:11 PM »
Gesundheit!

Ups, endlich mal jemand, der Deutsch schreibt  ;D

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #296 on: October 19, 2014, 09:11:42 PM »
Keine bange - deutsch ist verstanden bei viele.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #297 on: October 19, 2014, 11:51:09 PM »
My mother lived in Frankfurt for a time.  Sadly language proficiency is not genetic.  I've visited southern Germany (Ettal, Oberammergau, etc.) but all I can really remember are the pretzels. :)
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline AstroBrant

• Mars
  • Yes, we did.
« Reply #298 on: October 19, 2014, 11:58:07 PM »

That god damned Aussie son of a bitch who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

BazBear was close and probably gets most of the credit, but you refined it to the exact words. Congratulations!
I tried to compose it with some clues so that it might be solved. Of course, for the person making up something like this, it is very difficult to tell how solvable it is. Thanks, BazBear and Mag40 for confirming it for me.
May your skies be clear and your thinking even clearer.
(Youtube: astrobrant2)

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
« Reply #299 on: October 20, 2014, 01:25:50 AM »

My mother lived in Frankfurt for a time.  Sadly language proficiency is not genetic.  I've visited southern Germany (Ettal, Oberammergau, etc.) but all I can really remember are the pretzels. :)

What's really embarrassing is being first-generation American where German was spoken at home and I still can't speak it well.  I'm hopelessly lost on the genders of objects or even why they have genders (Das Flugzeug?  Die Flugzeug?  Der Flugzeug?  The damned thing's an inanimate object, for cryin' out loud!).

I remember being in Mom's home town trying desperately to buy  tungsten (or "indoor") Ektachrome in a camera shop.  After struggling for about 15 minutes, trying to come up with the German terms for "color balance" and "incandescent light", or even "3200 degrees Kelvin", the storekeeper, in perfect English, asked if I wanted to show him what I wanted in the London edition of the Kodak catalog.  <*sigh*>