Off Topic > Beyond Belief

2012 maya calendar

(1/22) > >>

gtvc:
Well this is it, the last year.....of the Maya calendar. By the way today we had an earthquake in Colombia but everybody is OK, the weather is very warm in my city which most of the time its cold and we saw 2 circular  halos around the sun with rainbows at the beginning of this month which its a phenomena that never happened before in Bogota and I see Latin countries around the world are watching this phenomena in different dates since 2009, so maybe the Mayas are right about changes or maybe the weather is a mess around the world, what do you think? :o

LunarOrbit:
I don't believe anyone can predict the exact date of the end of the world, so I don't think I'm going to waste any time worrying about the end of this year.

gillianren:
And, for the umpteenth time, the Maya didn't predict the end or the world, or any more changes than normally happen.  This is pretty much exactly the same as all those people who jumped on the 2000 bandwagon--the calendar rolled over from 1999 to 2000 mostly without incident, albeit thanks to the help of a lot of computer tech types who made sure that what could go wrong with computers didn't.  And heck, 2012 doesn't even have that problem!

DataCable:
2038 might, though.  :o

LunarOrbit:

--- Quote from: DataCable on February 25, 2012, 08:03:01 AM ---2038 might, though.  :o

--- End quote ---

Ok, those kind of predictions are a bit scary, I'll give you that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version