Author Topic: Chernobyl 3828 - The Chernobyl Liquidators  (Read 1770 times)

Offline apollo16uvc

• Mars
  • Where no telescope has gone before.
    • Patreon
Chernobyl 3828 - The Chernobyl Liquidators
« on: February 15, 2021, 01:49:17 PM »
Twenty-five years have passed since Valeriy Starodumov worked as a dosimeter scout in September 1986. Valeriy worked at the epicenter of the explosion, the reactor's operation area, which was the most radioactive part of the site.

The protagonist, a direct participant in the operation, went to the roof himself and brought people there after a failed attempt to clear the area with robots. At the government level, it was decided to assign soldiers and cadets of military schools to the task of cleaning the roofs. Unique pictures of the events of 1986 are widely used in the film.

Chernobyl 3828 is dedicated to people who saved the world from the radioactive contamination at the cost of their health and life.

The film director Serhiy Zabolotnyi commented, "We all know what happened on April 26, 1986 but we know next to nothing about the events of the summer and autumn of 1986. Chernobyl.3828 is just one of many stories you need to know and remember."

19:52: "I will transfer a few hundred people through the zone. I will not know who they are and I will not see their faces behind protective masks and I will never know what is going to happen to them afterwards."
22:06: You can see them throwing actual graphite from the core off the roof using their hands.
Watch me at: YouTube
Experience the past: Flickr
Support me on Patreon

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
Re: Chernobyl 3828 - The Chernobyl Liquidators
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 12:19:32 PM »
35 years, not 25.
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."