Author Topic: Apollo Remastered  (Read 4864 times)

Offline molesworth

• Mars
  • the curse of st custards
Apollo Remastered
« on: August 27, 2022, 07:33:43 AM »
A new book with "remastered" images, i.e. new, hi-resolution scans of the original photos and film, is being released at the beginning of September :

https://www.apolloremastered.com

There's also a nice review / write-up of it here - https://www.theguardian.com/science/2022/aug/26/apollo-space-moon-missions-photographs-remastered-neil-armstrong

Quite pricey for a physical copy, but the quality of the images will be worth it I think. Going by the web site, it looks amazing!

Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
Re: Apollo Remastered
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 06:52:17 PM »
Looks like Michael Light's "Full Moon" (which I have a book of, and saw the exhibition).

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 02:18:45 AM »
It's a lovely looking book and I'm dropping heavy hints for Christmas, but I note Kipp Teague's raised eyebrow in social media about exactly what's new there. Sharpening, level adjustment and...?

Offline molesworth

• Mars
  • the curse of st custards
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 07:18:22 AM »
It's a lovely looking book and I'm dropping heavy hints for Christmas, but I note Kipp Teague's raised eyebrow in social media about exactly what's new there. Sharpening, level adjustment and...?

As far as I can tell there's nothing "new" in it as it's scans of the same original material, but it's at a much higher resolution than anything we've seen up to now, and using more modern processing and enhancement techniques to bring out a lot of detail.

I don't think I can wait until Christmas though...  ;D
Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2022, 09:32:38 AM »
OK so I couldn't wait either. Saw one for a good price in Amazon and bit the bullet.

Looking at some the images they seem a little dark, and there seems to be no consistency in the brightness of the explanatory text from image to image. I'm wondering if there was a reason it was a low price...