Apollo Discussions > The Hoax Theory

Ed Fendell query

(1/3) > >>

dwight:
Hello everyone,

I'm having a discussion with an HB and they claim that in a documentary (which they conveniently can't name) Ed Fendell claims he was not aware of the delay a signal would take to the moon until Apollo 17. Dont laugh its true.

Now, in NONE of the interviews I have of him does he claim this. In fact I have JSC archive documentation where he specifically discusses the delay problems prior to Apollo 15. Is there perhaps a mockumentary where he jokingly says this? Like I said, I have nothing remotely coming to backing up the latest stupidity, but I thought I'd leave no stone unturned. There can't be that many interviews/ docos I havent seen.

Rob260259:
Don't know. Never seen such a mockumentary. Just finished "How Apollo Flew To The Moon" by W. David Woods and searched for Ed Fendell again. Fendell anticipating the controls filming Challenger's lift off from the Moon is mentioned on page 291. And I recall Fendell saying it in an interview that is was not too difficult, after some practise with simulations on Earth.
Is this discussion on YouTube? Can I join?

AtomicDog:
Scifi stories from the 1950s talk about the speed of light delay to the moon.

dwight:
Yep its a good ol' YouTube discussion. https://youtube.com/watch?v=zHD-uw6tCA0 enter at your own risk.

Trebor:

--- Quote from: dwight on March 18, 2012, 11:09:26 AM ---Yep its a good ol' YouTube discussion. --- enter at your own risk.

--- End quote ---

Ah, considering the person you are speaking to I suggest you don't bother.
For the sake of your own sanity run!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version