Author Topic: Clementine photos.  (Read 18214 times)

Offline Nowhere Man

• Venus
Re: Clementine photos.
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2013, 05:44:28 PM »
Gawd, I hope you lot aren't going to start talking about eligible receivers, 4th downs, tight-ends, lines of scrimmage and other stuff which only interests people living in the 50 states (and perhaps the 10 provinces in "Bacon and Maple Syrup land" up north). 
Mmmm...  Bacon and maple syrup.  Forget that other stuff.

Fred
Hey, you!  "It's" with an apostrophe means "it is" or "it has."  "Its" without an apostrophe means "belongs to it."

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
-- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2013, 07:09:35 PM »
They make bacon (side bacon) infused with maple syrup flavour. It is uber-delicious. As a personal preference, I like my bacon not crispy but instead still having some chew to it. Using the resulting grease to cook, well, any thing just adds to the pleasure. I made a lovely fry up once using bacon, mushrooms, bread, onion and garlic.

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2013, 07:50:04 PM »
Heck no.  It's baseball season.

It's Six Nations season.

It's rugby league time! (Oh wait, the Canberra Raiders have just delisted their highest-paid player for poor off-field behaviour...)

It's cricket time! (Oh wait, the Australian coach just stood down four players from the third test against India for poor off-field behaviour...)

It's Aussie Rules time! (Oh wait, Collingwood just got thumped by 50 points by Geelong in a practice match...)

*sigh*

Anyone for a game of lawn bowls?

Offline Not Myself

• Earth
  • Unwanted Irritant
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2013, 09:03:01 PM »
WAAAALLLLEEESSSSS!

We'll see in just over 24 hours.  If they beat England, they'll each be 4-1-0.  I'm not sure where they are on tie-breaking criteria.  No one else can even match England's record.

Now you're talking the REAL oval ball game!!

Wales have a points difference of +29
England have a points difference of +43
Overall points difference is 14 in favour of England.

If England wins, they win the Six Nations and the Grand Slam
If Wales wins by less than 7 points, England wins the Six Nations
If Wales wins by more than 7 points, Wales will win the Six Nations
If Wales wins by exactly 7 points, the Six Nations will be won by whichever team scored more tries (that's like  "touchdowns" for the yanks/canucks) over the whole tournament. Wales lead 7-5 on that count, so if its a draw, England will have to win the try count in the match by at least three

I see, so if ends up being Wales with 21, all from kicks, and England with 14, from two tries, then it's all tied up.
The internet - where bigfoot is real and the moon landings aren't.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2013, 05:08:11 AM »
I see, so if ends up being Wales with 21, all from kicks, and England with 14, from two tries, then it's all tied up.

Yes, and there is no other tie-breaker. The Six Nations Championship would be shared
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Not Myself

• Earth
  • Unwanted Irritant
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2013, 11:46:43 AM »

Yes, and there is no other tie-breaker. The Six Nations Championship would be shared

I have Italy/Ireland on the DVR, I'll be watching that now, so I'll find out the championship a bit behind real time.
The internet - where bigfoot is real and the moon landings aren't.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2013, 02:44:23 PM »

WAAAALES
WAAAALES
WAAAALES
WAAAALES

30 - 3. What a thrashing!!!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2013, 03:57:15 PM »
Yeah whatever.

Nobody likes Rugby Union anyway.

Hmph!

It was in Cardiff... It was raining... Wrong type of leaves... Kirchner... The European Commission...

Offline ipearse

• Venus
  • There is no such thing as a stupid question
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2013, 04:50:43 PM »
Heck no.  It's baseball season.

It's Six Nations season.

It's rugby league time! (Oh wait, the Canberra Raiders have just delisted their highest-paid player for poor off-field behaviour...)

It's cricket time! (Oh wait, the Australian coach just stood down four players from the third test against India for poor off-field behaviour...)

It's Aussie Rules time! (Oh wait, Collingwood just got thumped by 50 points by Geelong in a practice match...)

*sigh*

Anyone for a game of lawn bowls?

Nope. It's Formula 1 time!
"The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but we cannot live in the cradle forever" - Konstantin Tsiolkovski