Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 616528 times)

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
Re: Radiation
« Reply #3045 on: April 28, 2018, 06:17:34 PM »
Suspended just now. No idea for how long. It will be some time before Tim will be answering questions.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3046 on: April 28, 2018, 06:20:17 PM »
Being a mod anywhere is a difficult and demanding job, but they have been to lenient with him.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #3047 on: April 28, 2018, 06:36:07 PM »
Weird new gambit he's got going on now.

Wonder where Ben is? He might be able to help with this.
well it might be related to Tim's desire that everyone follow him to Facebook where he could control the conversation. He got no takers for that,so he is trying to control the conversation on CQ. That is just a guess. In any event, Tim got dinged for multiple reasons, all of which he knew were not allowed since he had previous warnings for and 1 suspension .  I don't recall off the top of my head the steps in the suspension scale on CQ. Nevertheless the mods flat out stated that upon returning any further infractions would result in a ban. Seems a bit severe to me, but I am just a member and not party to mod decision processes.

ETA. Mod just posted, it's a two week suspension.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 06:41:57 PM by Abaddon »

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3048 on: April 28, 2018, 08:38:57 PM »
TimFinch is gone for the next two weeks (or longer) so he won't be answering questions soon. The mail box will have time to cool off.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #3049 on: April 28, 2018, 10:25:37 PM »
It just reminded me of this

especially the closing line...

That is bloody hilarious!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #3050 on: April 29, 2018, 07:53:56 AM »
That is bloody hilarious!

Which spawned Smith and Jones and the famous Smith and Jones Head to Head.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #3051 on: April 29, 2018, 01:04:51 PM »
Weird new gambit he's got going on now.

Wonder where Ben is? He might be able to help with this.

I haven't looked at CQ for a while. TBH I got a bit fed up of Tim's constant nonsense. I have actually blocked him from facebook messenger. i'm sure in good time he will be banned from CQ

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #3052 on: April 29, 2018, 01:06:52 PM »
It'll be at least two weeks before that happens . . . .
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #3053 on: April 29, 2018, 01:07:54 PM »
well that's 2 weeks for him to google something else to throw at the wall lol

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3054 on: April 29, 2018, 01:12:39 PM »
Or he will start commenting, again in the new thread that he doesn't understand the 3-D representations that clearly support Apollo skimming near the upper boundary of the VARB, missing most of the radiation, therein.
Eugene Cernan

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #3055 on: April 29, 2018, 01:16:16 PM »
Or he will start commenting, again in the new thread that he doesn't understand the 3-D representations that clearly support Apollo skimming near the upper boundary of the VARB, missing most of the radiation, therein.

that's why I was getting annoyed. he was clearly wrong just wouldn't admit it

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3056 on: April 29, 2018, 01:24:45 PM »

that's why I was getting annoyed. he was clearly wrong just wouldn't admit it

Yes as gillianren has noted, he can't publically admit to his incorrect observations, radiation, TLI planes needed to get the crews safely above the VARB and land on the Moon.  I don't believe he will last long when the suspension is over, but that is just me.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 01:36:51 PM by bknight »
Eugene Cernan

Offline MBDK

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #3057 on: April 29, 2018, 01:35:26 PM »
I don't believe he will last lnof when the suspension is over, but that is just me.

My money is on a short return punctuated with a final flame-out.
"It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." - W. C. Fields

"Laugh-a while you can, monkey-boy." - Lord John Whorfin

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #3058 on: April 29, 2018, 03:23:24 PM »
well that's 2 weeks for him to google something else to throw at the wall lol

If the mods follow through, he needs to answer outstanding questions. If he googles new facts that are unrelated to the trajectory and shielding and throws these at the wall, then your guess is as good as mine regarding the moderator reaction.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 04:45:37 PM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #3059 on: April 29, 2018, 03:23:55 PM »
My money is on a short return punctuated with a final flame-out.

That's par for the course in these circumstances.