Author Topic: 403 Forbidden Error  (Read 11973 times)

Offline QuietElite

• Venus
403 Forbidden Error
« on: May 07, 2017, 10:29:51 AM »
I have since quite a long time a problem while trying to access the forum. Everytime I get a 403 Forbidden Error when I use my Wifi. It is only possible with mobile data of my Smartphone to access it. Is there any solution for that ?

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: 403 Forbidden Error
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 02:41:54 PM »
My smartphone connects both on the home wifi and phone networks when roaming.  The laps connect through the wifi.  I would suggest some settings error, but I can't recommend any fixes.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 05:16:09 PM »
Havé you tried using a cabled connection to your router? Your mobile data and your home network uses different IP ranges, and you might have stumbled upon a range which have been blocked by the admin. I had the same issue some time ago, and he cleared it right up.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 11:22:29 PM »
I have since quite a long time a problem while trying to access the forum. Everytime I get a 403 Forbidden Error when I use my Wifi. It is only possible with mobile data of my Smartphone to access it. Is there any solution for that ?

Further to Alan F's suggestion, and assuming you are using your smartphone through the WiFi, try running your smartphone through someone else's Wifi

If you get the 403 error running through your WiFi, bit not through someone else's, then the problem is almost certainly your IP number.

Contact your ISP if you need it changed
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 08:51:01 PM »

I'm sorry you're having connection issues. Please send me a private message containing the IP address that is used when you're connected to Wi-Fi. You can find out your IP address by going to Network Tools.

There has been an increase in malicious activity against the server this website is on in recent months, and a large number of IP addresses have been blocked. It doesn't mean your specific address was involved, but it's likely in the same range of addresses.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline QuietElite

• Venus
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 10:29:04 AM »
Okay it works again on my computer. Thanks for the help  ;D

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 05:32:22 PM »
I'm getting regular times when I get a 403 error as well. I'll PM you the IP addy next time it happens.

Offline nweber

• Venus
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 11:41:51 AM »
I'm getting regular times when I get a 403 error as well. I'll PM you the IP addy next time it happens.

I get this also.  The only way I can access the board is through Tor.

doneforeveryoneorjustme.com indicates that it is down just for me.