Author Topic: Eye candy  (Read 15783 times)

Offline BazBear

• Mars
Re: Eye candy
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2014, 12:50:36 AM »
My Google-fu seems to indicate it has something to do with maintaining a stable system in a signal processing circuit? If the poles are on the right side of the s-plane, the system isn't stable?

Not that I really understand what that all means  :-[
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2014, 01:26:15 AM »
Correct! The same math is used to analyze the stability of control systems and of electronic filters.

Like I said, it was an old joke...

Offline johnbutcher

• Venus
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2014, 03:39:44 PM »
 Saw the launch of Columbia (STS78) 20 june 1996 from the astronaut hall of fame.
Or should i say ecperienced it. Felt the ignition, and the crowds reaction was marvellous. An experience to remember.

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2014, 05:57:52 PM »
...One investigator says "Ah ha, I know exactly what happened. You can't have all your poles on the right side of the plane!"

Now how many people got that?
Don't make eye contact with him, folks; he's unstable.

ETA: Darn you to heck, BazBear!

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2014, 08:00:33 PM »
...One investigator says "Ah ha, I know exactly what happened. You can't have all your poles on the right side of the plane!"

Now how many people got that?
Don't make eye contact with him, folks; he's unstable.

ETA: Darn you to heck, BazBear!
MuuHaHaHuuuHaHa
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2014, 09:28:15 PM »
One of our guys at KSC took a couple of pictures of the Orion stack on its way to LC 37 for its rendezvous with the Delta IV Heavy.  It's been stacked on the booster; 3 weeks to EFT-1.

ETA: I was on a conference call to KSC this morning and overheard the PA, "Attention all stations; all hands supporting Orion initial power-up report to Firing Room 1 at 1100 hours."  Good stuff.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 09:31:34 PM by sts60 »

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2014, 12:34:59 AM »
You know, it looks a little like a terminal (low wattage) VOR...