Author Topic: Al Johnston (Alasdhair) has died  (Read 2575 times)

Offline Sticks

• Mercury
Al Johnston (Alasdhair) has died
« on: June 11, 2019, 12:40:01 PM »
It has been a while since I posted here and I have returned to carry out a sad duty

Yesterday I was informed that Al Johnston, known here as Alasdhair (His user name), had died

I checked on his Facebook profile and there was a post where he had said he had gone into the local hospital here in Newcastle with a minor heart attack. There was a whole load of comments, of the get well soon variety with Al replying to some of them, and then his Brother in law informed everyone in that thread that Al had passed away on Saturday (08 June 2019) unexpectedly

I knew him personally and on more than one occasion met up with him for days out in Durham. Our last trip was last year and he paid for my lunch. He was known for his regular pictures on Facebook of canoeing activities of local sports clubs. As a photographer he was highly skilled

He will be sadly missed

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
Re: Al Johnston (Alasdhair) has died
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 05:51:36 PM »
I remember the name. Very sad to hear we have lost another valued member of our community.

Offline LionKing

• Mars
Re: Al Johnston (Alasdhair) has died
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 01:54:36 PM »
Oh my God. I had him on fb and used to talk to him from time to time. I saw that post about his sickness but never knew he died before now. He was such a funny guy who gave color to the forum since I started here. Al is a loss to us and will be missed. Rest in peace Al.. you left a favorable fingerprint ... you were one of my favorite members.

We can't object to God's wisdom, but hope wherever you are now that you are in a better place. A gentleman as you will not be forgotten.
“When you go through a hard period,
When everything seems to oppose you,
... When you feel you cannot even bear one more minute,
NEVER GIVE UP!
Because it is the time and place that the course will divert!”
 Rumi