Author Topic: The conspiracies of FAIL  (Read 27705 times)

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
Re: The conspiracies of FAIL
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 08:28:32 PM »
Children served up at fast food joints:

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193732
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 10:35:36 PM »
Just saw a great sig line on that forum (DavidIcke):

'Occam's Razor' - 'The simplest explanation is the likeliest one.' However, on this forum, not only does Occam not shave, but his balls haven't even dropped yet...

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 06:32:27 AM »
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 10:15:02 AM »
Spotted this gem at DavidIcke.com

genetically modified to produce chickens with extra breasts
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 01:46:09 PM »
I think a lot of conspiracy thinking seems to spring out a sense of self-pity, and a love of feeling victimized. Everything bad isn't just chance, that *everyone* has to deal with - it's something done deliberately.

I notice this on a gaming forum I frequent. Many players seem to believe that things they don't like about the game are not merely bad choices by the designers. They're *deliberate* attempts to "ruin the game", although why the designers would want to do that is not explained.

Offline Mr Gorsky

• Venus
  • Flying blind on a rocket cycle
    • That Fatal Kiss Music
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 09:18:55 AM »
I think a lot of conspiracy thinking seems to spring out a sense of self-pity, and a love of feeling victimized. Everything bad isn't just chance, that *everyone* has to deal with - it's something done deliberately.

I notice this on a gaming forum I frequent. Many players seem to believe that things they don't like about the game are not merely bad choices by the designers. They're *deliberate* attempts to "ruin the game", although why the designers would want to do that is not explained.

That reminds me of something Marcus Cole said in season 4 of Babylon 5 ...

"I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, 'wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?' So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
The Optimist: The glass is half full
The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 04:37:19 PM »
Marcus ... (lets a single tear fall).

Yep, Marcus had a way with words.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 10:25:31 AM »
"I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, 'wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?' So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
That's why every conspiracy theory posits malevolent conspirators doing nasty things to us that we don't deserve. Otherwise they wouldn't be called conspirators.

Just as you say, it would be even worse to think that these bad things happen to us because we actually deserve them. That's probably why no conspiracy theory I know of suggests this.

This is the province of organized religion, with a God (or gods) in the "conspirator" role.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 10:27:56 AM by ka9q »

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2012, 12:06:33 PM »
This is the province of organized religion, with a God (or gods) in the "conspirator" role.

You could make a case that Conspiracy Theories qualify as a religion (cult?) albeit not a very organized one.

They hold to a given belief despite any facts or evidence to the contrary. They know what they know because they know it and obsess over tiny bits of data that they claim support their belief. They ascribe opposition to a malevolent enemy (NASA, CIA, etc). And they get really cranky when their beliefs are challenged.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2012, 05:19:46 AM »
Yes, I guess you could say that. A conspiracy theory is a religion with a devil (or group of devils) rather than a god (or group of gods). Some conspiracists ascribe vast powers and abilities to the CIA, FBI, NASA, and other parts of "the Gub'mint" that are hard to distinguish from the omnipotent and omniscent god/gods in many religions...

Offline SolusLupus

• Earth
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 10:40:33 AM »
It's demon-think, just like a witch hunt.  You're on the demon's side, and thus all you say and show are lies and should be dismissed as such, you're manipulated by the demon, and thus all you say and show are the demon's lies and you need to be corrected or intimidated away from them, or you see the truth and agree with the accusations.

Only for witch hunts, the imbalance of power is against the witch; in this case, the illusory demons have so much power against the conspiracy theorists, that they feel helpless and might as well just go about life.
“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.” -- Kahlil Gibran

My blog about life, universe, and everything: http://solusl.blogspot.com/

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2012, 11:05:22 AM »

"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2012, 02:09:33 PM »

And don't forget doctors - anything goes wrong? It's because you weren't looking after yourself.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2012, 02:13:29 PM »
Some conspiracists ascribe vast powers and abilities to the CIA, FBI, NASA, and other parts of "the Gub'mint" that are hard to distinguish from the omnipotent and omniscent god/gods in many religions...

That's a good point. The bad guys in conspiracies are both omnipotent and omniscient - for example, able to control ALL pictures taken in Dealey Plaza, without even one person showing up later with a Brownie camera and a clear shot of the grassy knoll. WHile, at the same time, letting all photos that DON'T show the assassin clearly (such as the Moorman polaroid) go through.

Offline RedneckR0nin

• Venus
  • RnR
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 12:46:06 AM »
Yes that is right Illuminati wacked wacko Jacko..if you can make it through the "proof" in the Beat It video without laughing your a stronger person than I.

We landed..you too can learn this if you research