Author Topic: What becomes of old 'friends'..  (Read 479081 times)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #375 on: January 08, 2013, 06:51:37 PM »
Didn't he use that one before, maybe on one of the BAUT threads?

He may have.  During most of his tenure at BAUT I was away from the forum, setting up a business.  I caught only the tail end of it and read the rest in retrospect, and I don't remember him making that claim.  But Patrick1000 at JREF several times tried to back away from technical arguments by saying he was just subjectively evaluating the "performances" of the Apollo astronauts and deciding that they must be lying.  After all, no real astronaut would behave in any way other than what a banjo-playing bicycle designer would envision, right?
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #376 on: January 08, 2013, 07:39:19 PM »
Ha, Patrick once told us that he had been hired by the UN to make some reports less concise.  That is one thing I actually believe he is capable of.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #377 on: January 08, 2013, 07:43:55 PM »
Ha, Patrick once told us that he had been hired by the UN to make some reports less concise.  That is one thing I actually believe he is capable of.

Maybe they have some poop that needs studying.  Honestly I've seen only two people in the world so interested in Frank Borman's feces:  Patrick1000 and chrisbobson.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #378 on: January 08, 2013, 07:56:48 PM »
Is this correct......the 'reason' Borman had a bottom accident in space was because the cash machine used by NASA wanted to make the mission more authentic? Only really clever people....like Dr Socks....are actually smart enough to figure this?

I really, really, really wish conspiracy theorists would just go away and get a life....and a logic implant.

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #379 on: January 09, 2013, 12:26:00 AM »
Wow.  Banned at JREF so fast that, if it were a bar, he couldn't even have ordered a drink.

"What's going on at the door?"

""Nuthin'. Same jerk who was here last week trying to sell phony life insurance policies..."

Offline chrisbobson

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #380 on: January 09, 2013, 05:08:27 AM »
Wow.  Banned at JREF so fast that, if it were a bar, he couldn't even have ordered a drink.

""Nuthin'. Same jerk who was here last week trying to sell phony life insurance policies..."

Tell me 'bout it.  Any dude can, in my case gal, can log in.

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #381 on: January 09, 2013, 05:54:41 AM »

Something tells me......this creepy thread necromancy 'dude' is not long for this place. I hope LunarOrbit doesn't mind a bit of tidying to do after his mess.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:03:34 AM by Mag40 »

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #382 on: January 09, 2013, 05:56:48 AM »
The necroposting is pretty annoying.

I wonder if LunarOrbit could put in a setting so threads without any activity for a certain period of time (4 weeks?) get locked automatically?
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline chrisbobson

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #383 on: January 09, 2013, 06:05:45 AM »
Man, I wish their claims about how much debunkers get paid were correct.

I wonder if there really are paid shills.  Somehow I doubt it.

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #384 on: January 09, 2013, 07:11:10 AM »
I wonder if there really are paid shills.  Somehow I doubt it.

That is 40 thread bumps and 65 posts in about an hour. There is something very wrong with you.....the fact you can't see that....makes it even worse.

Offline chrisbobson

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #385 on: January 09, 2013, 07:12:42 AM »
Where is the DAKDAK guy now?

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #386 on: January 09, 2013, 07:23:43 AM »
Where is the DAKDAK guy now?

I wonder if docsocks will manage to bump every thread before the moderator logs on. There's mad and then there's pattycake10000000.

Offline chrisbobson

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #387 on: January 09, 2013, 07:25:58 AM »
Where is profmunkin, solid poster but timid.

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #388 on: January 09, 2013, 07:31:00 AM »
Where is profmunkin, solid poster but timid.

He's bike riding with DAKDAK. They go swimming too....the butterfly IIRC. He's also "best fiends" with decisively from ATS and a host of other incarnations. I'm sure you can contact him via a few neurons and let him know how much you love his posts.

eta: freudian slip....fiends.

Offline Valis

• Venus
« Reply #389 on: January 09, 2013, 07:31:19 AM »
I wonder if docsocks will manage to bump every thread before the moderator logs on. There's mad and then there's pattycake10000000.
Only a few more to go.

chrisbobson, how about making your own thread to discuss your own points, instead of adding content-free remarks to old threads?