Author Topic: What becomes of old 'friends'..  (Read 478866 times)

Offline gwiz

• Mars
Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #765 on: October 18, 2014, 08:28:27 AM »
Actually I'm reading the thread, ChrLz had linked to (Inquisitive Mind). On this thread there was Cosmored active (incl. turbonium and rajeev, two really funny guys at all). Cosmored was another of Tekelis sockpuppets. But I was told, that Tekeli died. Or was this an attention-paying story made by Tekeli either?
No Cosmored has been around for a long time, no Tekeli connection.  He's one of those people who demand that you buy into all his beliefs, of which he has many, or else you can't be believed or trusted.  Applies the phrase "government disinformation" to any evidence he doesn't like.

I think he was banned from here years ago for being a sock of a previously banned poster.  Rocky? DavidC? Both?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 08:36:30 AM by gwiz »
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #766 on: October 18, 2014, 08:33:25 AM »

Speaking of old friends, someone claiming to be the brother of Dr. Socks/Patrick Tekeli has turned up ant the forum formerly known as JREF.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10281026&postcount=53

Well, I posted what I hope was a civil reply.  Let's see if he responds...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 08:34:59 AM by Sus_pilot »

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #767 on: October 18, 2014, 08:35:50 AM »
No Cosmored has been around for a long time, no Tekeli connection.  He's one of those people who demand that you buy into all his beliefs, of which he has many, or else you can't be believed or trusted.  Applies the phrase "government disinformation" to any evidence he doesn't like.

Oops, seems that I mixed some names. I was sure, in the list of Tekelis socks there was the name Cosmored included. But ok, I'm wrong, I can deal with this  ;D
Nice words aren't always true and true words aren't always nice - Laozi

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #768 on: October 18, 2014, 08:41:21 AM »
Speaking of old friends, someone claiming to be the brother of Dr. Socks/Patrick Tekeli has turned up ant the forum formerly known as JREF.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10281026&postcount=53

Actually I'm reading the thread, ChrLz had linked to (Inquisitive Mind). On this thread there was Cosmored active (incl. turbonium and rajeev, two really funny guys at all). Cosmored was another of Tekelis sockpuppets. But I was told, that Tekeli died. Or was this an attention-paying story made by Tekeli either?
Cosmored is not a Tekeli sock.

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #769 on: October 18, 2014, 08:51:25 AM »

Yepp, got it. My mistake.

Offline AstroBrant

• Mars
  • Yes, we did.
« Reply #770 on: October 18, 2014, 09:54:51 AM »

Isn't Cosmored the one who someone made a video about, showing that he got banned from about 50 different forums, including many which had absolutely nothing to do with Apollo?
May your skies be clear and your thinking even clearer.
(Youtube: astrobrant2)

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #771 on: October 18, 2014, 10:06:13 AM »

Isn't Cosmored the one who someone made a video about, showing that he got banned from about 50 different forums, including many which had absolutely nothing to do with Apollo?
Sounds about right.
He's active on the Spurstalk forum (a basketball forum) because they seem to have lax moderation.  He's got a thread either there or on another forum complaining about censorship on the internet.  He never realizes that being banned for your behavior on a privately owned forum has nothing to do with freedom of speech.  In his mind, he should never be banned even when his first post on a forum makes him look like a troll because of the 50+ youtube links.  If he makes it past that he still shouldn't be banned even when he inevitably degrades into whining about his treatment on other forums, or how his rigged objectivity tests (if you don't agree with him EXACTLY on some particular issue you must be a shill) prove everyone in the world is a shill but him.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #772 on: October 18, 2014, 10:11:59 AM »
Tekeli posted here as fattydash, on JREF as Patrick1000.

Cosmored and Rocky here correspond to FatFreddy88 at JREF and various other names elsewhere.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #773 on: October 18, 2014, 10:40:27 AM »
I think he was banned from here years ago for being a sock of a previously banned poster.  Rocky? DavidC? Both?
Both, not to mention FatFreddy88 on JREF.

ETA: Bah!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:13:14 AM by sts60 »

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #774 on: October 19, 2014, 10:34:26 AM »
And indeed it's starting to sound like the reports of Patrick Tekeli's demise have been somewhat exaggerated.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #775 on: October 19, 2014, 03:29:13 PM »
Oh!
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #776 on: October 19, 2014, 03:34:49 PM »
...either that or his brother Michael is just as messed up as Patrick was.

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #777 on: October 19, 2014, 04:04:11 PM »
...either that or his brother Michael is just as messed up as Patrick was.

There's another Tekeli?  :o
I should avoid to discuss with him, I prefer my mental health to be well.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #778 on: October 19, 2014, 04:07:21 PM »
Talking directly with any of these hoax claimants can be hazardous to one's mental health.  But yes, Patrick "Doctor Socks" Tekeli was particularly aggravating simply because he was so consistently dishonest.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #779 on: October 19, 2014, 05:44:35 PM »
Oops, seems that I mixed some names. I was sure, in the list of Tekelis socks there was the name Cosmored included. But ok, I'm wrong, I can deal with this  ;D
I can't say I am surprised. Dr. Socks acquired that moniker because he had so many socks on so many sites it is impossible to track them all. At one point it got so bad that anyone signing up at a whole bunch of sites was immediately suspected of being another sock.