Author Topic: Banned members  (Read 112841 times)

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
Banned members
« on: June 06, 2012, 09:08:15 PM »
I almost forgot to start a new ban log.

The first person officially banned from the new forum is... (drum roll, please) ...DAKDAK. He was banned for deleting all of his posts, which as Playdor could tell you, is a sure fire way to tick me off.

As a result of DAKDAKs revisionism/vandalism I have installed a plugin that will track changes to posts and allow me to revert them if necessary. I have also imposed a 2 hour time limit to editing posts, but I might remove that if the plugin works well.

I hope conspiracy theorists will eventually learn that by doing things like that they are demonstrating to us that they lack integrity. If they can't even stand behind their words when they are totally anonymous on the internet, then what should we expect from them in the real world?
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline peter eldergill

• Venus
Re: Banned members
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 10:23:28 PM »
Do you think playdor and dakdak were the same person?

Pete

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 11:55:47 PM »
No. But Playdor is here. Isn't that right, Profmunkin?

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 08:19:25 PM »
profmunkin has been banned.

1) He is a sock-puppet of a previously banned member of the old forum (Playdor). This alone is normally grounds for an instant ban, but I guess I was in a forgiving mood.

2) After being banned from the old forum he asked Proboards to delete all of his posts. While this is apparently allowed under Proboards rules, I consider it a cowardly act of vandalism.

3) Refusing to defend his claims in the JFK - 3 shooters 6 shots thread. More cowardice. If you aren't willing to stand behind your claims while using an alias on the internet then what does that say about the kind of person you are?

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 07:19:49 AM »
Well, who saw that coming a mile away...

At least this time he won't be able to delete his posts. I think allowing him back was a good idea, since it meant he had time to show the kind of person he was, and he now can't erase it.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 12:50:11 PM »
Glad that's over.  Way too much attention was being diverted away from the primary topic.

Offline DataCable

• Earth
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 10:35:58 PM »
So, wait.... does this mean I won't be getting his detailed, point-by-point rebuttal to my completely unsubstantiated assertion that John Fitzgerald Kennedy was, in fact, a holographic projection controlled by Adolf Hitler using alien technology captured by the Illuminati Society?
Bearer of the highly coveted "I Found Venus In 9 Apollo Photos" sweatsocks.

"you data is still open for interpretation, after all a NASA employee might of wipe a booger or dropped a hair on it" - showtime

DataCable2015 A+

Offline Not Myself

• Earth
  • Unwanted Irritant
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 11:38:24 PM »
Gad, it's a bit of a soap opera trying to keep track of who's who  :(
The internet - where bigfoot is real and the moon landings aren't.

Offline bobdude11

• Venus
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 11:42:24 PM »
So, wait.... does this mean I won't be getting his detailed, point-by-point rebuttal to my completely unsubstantiated assertion that John Fitzgerald Kennedy was, in fact, a holographic projection controlled by Adolf Hitler using alien technology captured by the Illuminati Society?
I see the fallacy in this already - I know for a fact that the Illuminati do not have holographic projectors. I have the uncle of a friend of the sister of a man with a dog that belongs to a lady who married to the first cousin of a man that once worked for NASA. I will post his wife's mother's email confirming this once he gives me the ok.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D
Robert Clark -
CISSP, MISM, MCSE and some other alphabet certifications.
I am moving to Theory ... everything works in Theory
"Everybody remember where we parked." James Tiberius Kirk, Captain, U.S.S. Enterprise

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 04:42:49 PM »
profmunkin has been banned.

1) He is a sock-puppet of a previously banned member of the old forum (Playdor). This alone is normally grounds for an instant ban, but I guess I was in a forgiving mood.

2) After being banned from the old forum he asked Proboards to delete all of his posts. While this is apparently allowed under Proboards rules, I consider it a cowardly act of vandalism.

3) Refusing to defend his claims in the JFK - 3 shooters 6 shots thread. More cowardice. If you aren't willing to stand behind your claims while using an alias on the internet then what does that say about the kind of person you are?

You might want to check his profile. He was active on October 16, 2012.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 09:14:31 PM »
He tried (unsuccessfully) to login three times and the forum counts that as activity. Bans only prevent people from logging in or registering new accounts.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 12:40:40 PM »
Edwardwb1001 has been banned for trolling (which he even admitted to) and for insulting the other members of the forum.

I'm surprised that no members have twigged on why I've asked for the exact resolution capabilities of the LRO. Not so smart after all it seems...Nevermind, I'm sure I'll get my 'marching orders' (as suggested by a particular member) before I actually get around to coming to the point of my question - and you all know how long THAT might take! Of course, I only keep members waiting because I derive tremendous satisfaction from the attention obtained therefrom.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 12:42:19 PM »
He went into meltdown faster than I expected.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2012, 12:48:02 PM »
He was more interested in a fight than a discussion. He's probably surprised that it took this long.

When will the few remaining hoax believers learn that we are more than willing to discuss the hoax theory with them IF they can remain civil and stop playing games?

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2012, 12:51:17 PM »
Probably they never will.  I'm not convinced anyone truly examines the evidence and believes in the Hoax - I suspect these people neither know nor care what happened but are using it as a convenient excuse to start fights.

The "I'm going to make you wait for my ideas" is very annoying though.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.