Author Topic: Trouble in Woo-Woo Land  (Read 13978 times)

Offline HeadLikeARock

• Venus
Re: Trouble in Woo-Woo Land
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2015, 08:46:08 PM »
It's almost amusing listening to him rant on about people who don't have a clue about science denying the Earth is round. A little bit about people who don't have a clue about science denying the Apollo landings...?

Welcome to our world, Jarrah. The interwebsphere is full of crazies. Gonna stay on the Dark side, or wake up?

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 09:47:58 PM »
It's almost amusing listening to him rant on about people who don't have a clue about science denying the Earth is round. A little bit about people who don't have a clue about science denying the Apollo landings...?

Welcome to our world, Jarrah. The interwebsphere is full of crazies. Gonna stay on the Dark side, or wake up?
He like a lot of HB's is too far invested in his stupid beliefs to ever come back into the light
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2015, 12:34:06 AM »
Oh my giddy aunt.

He still thinks anyone actually gives a damn (that matters) about what he cannot prove.

Brought a titter or two.

Who is Vinny Eastwood anyway, sounds like two actors mixed up, might make a good western/east end London cross over film.

You think Vinny Jones is an actor?

He is actually a has-been footballer (round ball type) and when he was a footballer, he was particularly nasty piece of work!

If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2015, 02:41:36 AM »
Yeah, I know his history and with that club etc. Just a thought for an interesting cross over. Lock Stock ws the one that had me thinking of it. :)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2015, 06:50:44 AM »
Oh my giddy aunt.

He still thinks anyone actually gives a damn (that matters) about what he cannot prove.

Brought a titter or two.

Who is Vinny Eastwood anyway, sounds like two actors mixed up, might make a good western/east end London cross over film.

He is actually a has-been footballer (round ball type) and when he was a footballer, he was particularly nasty piece of work!
Being a former soccer referee, that is a description of many of them
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2015, 07:36:48 AM »
He is actually a has-been footballer

These days there is quite an overlap between the professions, though footballers really tend to overact (especially the Italians).

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2015, 11:52:13 AM »
Quite an art to holding ones shin and looking like it is the end of your career then getting up when the ref has not seen it (or refuses to see it). See it a school boy level as well. Endemic I think. It is what the game expects. At least in rugby, you know someone has hit you. Usually because they are eating your ear or something.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2015, 12:20:56 PM »
I particularly enjoyed his obvious mental backtracking about Armstrong, whose first docking in space paved the way for...erm...all sorts of other dockings in space but not Apollo obviously...

His tribute to Armstrong was contemptible, on one hand celebrating his achievements and on the other denying that the technology that led to those achievements was the stepping stone for Apollo.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2015, 03:31:58 PM »
I particularly enjoyed his obvious mental backtracking about Armstrong, whose first docking in space paved the way for...erm...all sorts of other dockings in space but not Apollo obviously...

His tribute to Armstrong was contemptible, on one hand celebrating his achievements and on the other denying that the technology that led to those achievements was the stepping stone for Apollo.
Harsh, but appropriate.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2015, 02:20:51 AM »
it's just extremely amusing watching a mendacious self-regarding peddler of untruth get swamped by uber-idiots.

You forgot entertaining.

As a critical thinker with any sense of humour, you MUST get some enjoyment from watching two groups of complete idiots trying to out-stupid each other.

Its rather like watching a real-life version of Monty Python's "Upper Class Twit of the Year Competition"; you enjoy the off the wall stupid antics while not giving a fat rat's arse who wins!

Or:

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2015, 06:35:21 AM »
That made me laugh very loudly Obviousman. Thank you very much. It reminds me of a YouTuber called stalkervision who claimed that the CM was not sufficiently shielded to pass the van Allen belts, while simultaneously claiming that the Apollo 8 astronauts sighted UFOs while orbiting the moon (claims which were covered up of course).
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2015, 12:51:56 PM »
I thought they did see a UFO, it was disguised as the Moon.

Nah, that must be a theory already.