Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 615803 times)

Offline MBDK

• Earth
  • BANNED
Re: Radiation
« Reply #3060 on: April 29, 2018, 04:56:43 PM »
My money is on a short return punctuated with a final flame-out.

That's par for the course in these circumstances.

I'll take it, if I can get it.  I haven't been able to get within 20 strikes, yet.   :'(
"It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." - W. C. Fields

"Laugh-a while you can, monkey-boy." - Lord John Whorfin

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #3061 on: April 30, 2018, 07:28:05 AM »
that's why I was getting annoyed. he was clearly wrong just wouldn't admit it

I am pretty convinced now that he is just a troll on the windup for whatever reason. His complete inability to grasp log graphs, the difference between an average and a minimum, the correct way to compare two data sets to get sound conclusions, geometry and perspective is entirely at odds with his claims on this thread that he is a person who made the 'cream of the crop' to be allowed to serve on a nuclear sub. His actions and his claims lead to four possible conclusions:

1: He is indeed what he says he is and is just a bored troll feigning ignorance looking to get a reaction from people for reasons of his own.
2: He is indeed as inept as he appears to be and was never in fact a serviceman, or at least not one who had to pass a rigorous selection process to obtain one of his postings.
3: He was indeed a serviceman who did come out in the top few percent of his class to get one of his postings, and the entire selection process for US nuclear subs is actually massively deficient.
4: He is just a troll who makes up anything and everything he can just to get a reaction from people.

Given that his 'I'm just asking questions to clarify my understanding' position as an attempted defence of asking questions that have in fact already been answered explicitly is painfully transparent, I'm leaning heavily towards option 4 at this point.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #3062 on: April 30, 2018, 08:35:41 AM »
that's why I was getting annoyed. he was clearly wrong just wouldn't admit it

I am pretty convinced now that he is just a troll on the windup for whatever reason. His complete inability to grasp log graphs, the difference between an average and a minimum, the correct way to compare two data sets to get sound conclusions, geometry and perspective is entirely at odds with his claims on this thread that he is a person who made the 'cream of the crop' to be allowed to serve on a nuclear sub. His actions and his claims lead to four possible conclusions:

1: He is indeed what he says he is and is just a bored troll feigning ignorance looking to get a reaction from people for reasons of his own.
2: He is indeed as inept as he appears to be and was never in fact a serviceman, or at least not one who had to pass a rigorous selection process to obtain one of his postings.
3: He was indeed a serviceman who did come out in the top few percent of his class to get one of his postings, and the entire selection process for US nuclear subs is actually massively deficient.
4: He is just a troll who makes up anything and everything he can just to get a reaction from people.

Given that his 'I'm just asking questions to clarify my understanding' position as an attempted defence of asking questions that have in fact already been answered explicitly is painfully transparent, I'm leaning heavily towards option 4 at this point.

Yeah i have actually just read the entire thread on CQ and i thought i was looking in a mirror. it reminds me of a FB group i was in (i think i asked this question here ) about moonbounce. the guy that claimed this claimed he was a radio ham but didnt know what the MSFN was lol

when i explained why moonbounce wouldnt work his answer was 'yes they did Ben'

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #3063 on: April 30, 2018, 03:10:49 PM »
I'll take it, if I can get it.  I haven't been able to get within 20 strikes, yet.   :'(

1 round at 89 and that's the only time I broke 90.  :'(
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #3064 on: April 30, 2018, 03:14:35 PM »

Add to this, 'OK, we've all agreed upon the point that [insert point not agreed to here], so let's move on', and the 'my abilities cannot match people here.'

I am leaning towards 4. It seems a safe bet.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline MBDK

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #3065 on: April 30, 2018, 03:30:56 PM »

Truth is, my best ever was a 104, but I count all penalties and take no mulligans.  Still I love to play when I can.  I just am really bad at it.   ;D
"It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." - W. C. Fields

"Laugh-a while you can, monkey-boy." - Lord John Whorfin

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3066 on: April 30, 2018, 06:39:46 PM »

Truth is, my best ever was a 104, but I count all penalties and take no mulligans.  Still I love to play when I can.  I just am really bad at it.   ;D

Nah I shoot in the low 200's on the front nine. :-[
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #3067 on: April 30, 2018, 08:50:24 PM »
I could never get past that little windmill.
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #3068 on: May 01, 2018, 08:45:34 PM »
Poor Tim. I guess he really misses us because he has attempted to register three new accounts since I banned him.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3069 on: May 01, 2018, 08:54:32 PM »
Poor Tim. I guess he really misses us because he has attempted to register three new accounts since I banned him.
:o

He has no one to post with and he is indeed lonely, all hr might have is FB
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline tikkitakki

• Venus
« Reply #3070 on: May 02, 2018, 09:11:24 PM »
Meanwhile at CosmoQuest:

TimFinch banned along with the sock puppet (Researcher) he created to circumvent his suspension.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3071 on: May 02, 2018, 09:13:12 PM »
Meanwhile at CosmoQuest:

TimFinch banned along with the sock puppet (Researcher) he created to circumvent his suspension.

Yes I just saw that.  The mods acted quickly Gone from two forums, now all he has left is his HB crowd at FB.
Eugene Cernan

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #3072 on: May 02, 2018, 09:20:34 PM »
Meanwhile at CosmoQuest:

Hmm. I wonder who alerted them to the fact that "Researcher" was Tim's sock puppet?  ;)
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #3073 on: May 03, 2018, 12:29:31 AM »
Meanwhile at CosmoQuest:

Hmm. I wonder who alerted them to the fact that "Researcher" was Tim's sock puppet?  ;)

Researcher's only post:

Grant Hutchinson, I am asking for a friend. After plotting the transit of Apollo 11 on Celestial can you definitively say that the TLI inclination changed during the VAB transit? If so by how much and at what point?

Tim has more socks than the laundry technician at Manchester United. My bold, but it does make one wonder if this was a sock pilot fish for a second sock CT. The plot is thicker than an East Coast chowder, but easier to to solve than a puppy sat next to a pile of its own poop.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #3074 on: May 03, 2018, 01:13:43 AM »
"I am asking for a friend."
I've seen a baby more convincingly lie. Like, literally, I have. This baby of a former girlfriend had some breathing problems, so her mum would always pay attention if it looked like she was coughing or choking. One day, the baby made this little 'cheh cheh' sound. It was clear she was trying to replicate the sound to get mama's attention.
It was more convincing than  'Researcher' there.