Apollo Discussions > The Hoax Theory

Identifying a photo fragment

(1/3) > >>

onebigmonkey:
Every so often those pesky hoaxers come up with something that's interesting.

In their latest excretion, the Apollo Detectives (in this case Marcus Allen and Scott Henderson) think they've found an anomaly in the scanned positives from magazine 37 at the March to the Moon website:

https://tothemoon.ser.asu.edu/gallery/Apollo/11/Hasselblad%20500EL%2070%20mm

As you can see, the first image in the magazine has a fragment of a preceding frame. Here it is:

As you can see, it very obviously isn't the calibration chart that is usually the first image. It also isn't in included in any of the photographic records for that magazine.

The detectives have come to the conclision that the ribbing, or accordian folding, at the left of the photograph is the underside of the ascent module:

which someone has decided to photograph lying on the ground with a bit of their suit in the shot as well. It's therefore a shot of the LM out of sequence, as magazine 37  didn't leave the LM, and the first clear shot is in lunar orbit before the landing. Zoiks! Fakery!

That's obviously nonsense, so the question is: what is it showing? I can't see anything with that kind of accordian folding in the LM photos or footage I've looked at.

I think there are two options. It's either an additional photograph taken on Earth after the calibration shot, or it's taken during the mission. The photographic sequence suggests that if it is the latter, it was more than likely taken in the LM as they did the final check out of the cameras before undocking for descent.

If it's in the LM, what might it be? Any ideas?

What might explain its non-inclusion in the record is that the part of the frame visible immediately after the calibration shot is obviously very overexposed:

as is the very bottom of the fragment in question, so it might be that the majority of the image looks like that.

onebigmonkey:
Addendum: At least one contributor has suggested the metal in the area around where the helmets were stored. When lighting is good I'm not convinced:

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a16/LM11-co42.jpg

but given the right lighting, such as here in one of the TV broadcasts:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gtxyB0h2V3g

Count Zero:
Well, we have a close-up of white fabric adjacent to 13 stripes (7 dark and 6 light).  I found similar correlations in 

AS11-40-5903

and AS11-40-5946:

...though I'm sure you can find many more in the Apollo photo record.  ;)

onebigmonkey:

--- Quote from: Count Zero on November 02, 2022, 06:54:40 PM ---Well, we have a close-up of white fabric adjacent to 13 stripes (7 dark and 6 light).  I found similar correlations in 

AS11-40-5903

and AS11-40-5946:

...though I'm sure you can find many more in the Apollo photo record.  ;)

--- End quote ---

;D

Yeah I did consider that, I suppose it did get cosy in there at times!

BertieSlack:

--- Quote from: onebigmonkey on November 02, 2022, 04:08:53 PM ---At least one contributor.......
--- End quote ---

Dave McKeegan? He makes good videos. Are you in touch with him?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version