Apollo Discussions > The Hoax Theory

Where Even To Begin?

(1/2) > >>

gillianren:
From one of my best friends.

--- Quote ---today my mother told me the moon is made of plasma, and also that buzz aldrin said they couldn’t actually film on the moon, and all the “footage” is animation. if you were wondering how things are going here.
--- End quote ---

This is . . . a lot.  My poor friend.

Peter B:
It's always tough when the person you need to engage is family.

In my case it involves finding other things to talk about, and avoiding contentious subjects altogether. My consolation is that I think their ability and desire to influence others is limited.

In the meantime I try to positively influence as many people as I can, even if that means diving into the debating cess-pit that is YT.

The "moon is made of plasma" argument is a fave of the flat earthers. But I have to say I haven't heard the other two arguments before. I wonder if these have been included in a recently released YT video - YT commenters are predictable in their ability to parrot a video's talking points...

Ranb:
Does mom even know what plasma is?

Peter B:

--- Quote from: Ranb on December 25, 2022, 08:20:11 PM ---Does mom even know what plasma is?

--- End quote ---

I'm sure she knows it's that special sort of material which is its own proof:

1. They know Apollo must have been faked because the Moon is made of plasma; and

2. They know the Moon must be made of plasma because Apollo was faked.

onebigmonkey:

--- Quote from: Peter B on December 25, 2022, 06:06:53 PM ---It's always tough when the person you need to engage is family.

In my case it involves finding other things to talk about, and avoiding contentious subjects altogether. My consolation is that I think their ability and desire to influence others is limited.

In the meantime I try to positively influence as many people as I can, even if that means diving into the debating cess-pit that is YT.

The "moon is made of plasma" argument is a fave of the flat earthers. But I have to say I haven't heard the other two arguments before. I wonder if these have been included in a recently released YT video - YT commenters are predictable in their ability to parrot a video's talking points...

--- End quote ---

There's a cherry-picked clip from a TV interview where Buzz is being pedantic about what was broadcast during Apollo 11. He quite rightly points out that the landing itself was not broadcast live, and that as a result TV stations used animations to fill the gap until live transmissions started.

Naturally people with limited attention spans have put 2 and 2 together and made -7.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version