Author Topic: Boston: Patton Oswalt and Alex Jones  (Read 11096 times)

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
Boston: Patton Oswalt and Alex Jones
« on: April 17, 2013, 10:30:04 AM »
Has everyone seen comedian Patton Oswalt's comment on the Boston incident?

Boston. Fucking horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem -- one human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in a while, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evildoers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

That's some truth right there, friends.

We used to say that we (Medics, Cops, Firefighters) were by definition insane because we spent our lives running toward things everyone else is running away from.

And of course, just for contrast, Alex Jones tweeted:

"Our hearts go out to those that are hurt or killed," Jones wrote. "But this thing stinks to high heaven #falseflag."

Jones suggested that the FBI orchestrated the bombings under the false flag of a terrorist organization in order to justify expanded security powers. The Boston attack, he theorized, was staged by the U.S. government to extend the reach of both the Dept. of Homeland Security and Transportation Security Administration.

"Just wait folks," the 39-year-old Texan wrote. "#TSA groping you at sporting events coming soon."

Jones posted a YouTube video further fanning the false-flag flames, saying that reports of a "controlled explosion” drill, scheduled to coincide with the race, was proof that the FBI was behind the Boston Marathon blasts.

----- Yahoo! News Blog
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
Re: Boston: Patton Oswalt and Alex Jones
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 12:47:28 PM »
This is an example of ideas I have read elsewhere.  People close to a disaster tend to react with remarkable levelness.  It is the people at a distance that are panicked.  Jones, from the safety of his distance can be as alarmed as he wants to pretend to be.  So can politicians and other professional fear mongers.

Let the investigators do their job and we should all remember that the danger we face from terrorism is vanishingly small.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 12:53:46 PM »
Alex Jones, is that the radio-guy, who yells at the top of his voice about the 'conspiracy' behind the 911-attacks? He'll use this incident to support his own agenda, if he's true to form.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 01:05:59 PM »
This is an example of ideas I have read elsewhere.  People close to a disaster tend to react with remarkable levelness.  It is the people at a distance that are panicked.  Jones, from the safety of his distance can be as alarmed as he wants to pretend to be.  So can politicians and other professional fear mongers.

Let the investigators do their job and we should all remember that the danger we face from terrorism is vanishingly small.
I've spent a lifetime in Emergency Services and I can personally testify that the idea that most people will panic in a crisis situation is a total myth. Most people react with, as you put it, "remarkable levelness". Their hands and voices may be shaking but, with just a bit of direction and leadership, exhibit remarkable bravery and selflessness and are a tremendous resource in disaster response.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline Donnie B.

• Earth
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 02:02:14 PM »
Last night, Anderson Cooper (on CNN) interviewed a woman, a physician who ran in from about half a mile away to treat victims.  The amazing part of her story was that she was running in the race when the bombs went off. 

That's right -- she had just run 26 miles, and ran on to the bombing site to practice trauma medicine.  Where she got the energy to do that I can't even begin to imagine.

Here's the interview.  Her name is Dr. Natalie Stavas.
http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/16/doctor-the-worst-thing-ive-ever-seen/?hpt=ac_bn1
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 02:06:37 PM by Donnie B. »

Offline Laurel

• Earth
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 02:06:55 PM »
The Toronto Star has some stories about people who took care of others on Monday.
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2013/04/17/boston_marathon_explosions_four_stories_of_courage_and_kindness.html

It's important to remember these things. I remember 9/11 as being a horrible day, but I also think of the people in Gander, Newfoundland, who dropped everything to take care of the thousands of stranded airplane passengers who had suddenly arrived in their town.
"Well, my feet they finally took root in the earth, but I got me a nice little place in the stars, and I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car..."
Bruce Springsteen

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 08:45:39 PM »
Last night, Anderson Cooper (on CNN) interviewed a woman, a physician who ran in from about half a mile away to treat victims.  The amazing part of her story was that she was running in the race when the bombs went off. 

That's right -- she had just run 26 miles, and ran on to the bombing site to practice trauma medicine.  Where she got the energy to do that I can't even begin to imagine.

Here's the interview.  Her name is Dr. Natalie Stavas.
http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/16/doctor-the-worst-thing-ive-ever-seen/?hpt=ac_bn1
A brave and heroic person.

When it comes to runners getting directly involved in the events, conspiracy theorists seem to have a slightly different thought process. Out of morbid curiosity I went to the Unexplained Mysteries forum to see what stupidity was being speculated about there. http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=246315&st=345#entry4738398 probably takes the cake:
Could the pertrators have been in the race? I would check how many were carring back packs, that frist came in.

I mean, seriously, you'd run 42.5 kilometres with a pack on your back containing a pressure cooker full of explosives, and finish early enough in the race to place the pack for maximum effect?

Where's the emoticon for hitting your head against a brick wall?
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 09:04:39 PM »
You know, I said to a friend yesterday that we'd be seeing an invasion of false-flag claims here.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 01:05:44 PM »
Even time something happens, the conspiracy nuts proclaim "This is it! The end of freedom" and go on to rant about FEMA camps, the repealing of the second amendment etc and then they go quiet. If, god forbid, this happens again the same people will be yelling the same things. It makes me sick.
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 06:21:18 PM »
They're probably scratching their heads trying to fit that awful fertilizer factory accident into their paradigm:

"Waco? That's got to be significant, right?"
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 08:11:55 PM »
They're probably scratching their heads trying to fit that awful fertilizer factory accident into their paradigm:

Oh, I'm thinking that the line will either be that Boston was (somehow) a diversion to allow the Waco accident to happen, or Waco was a distraction to, uh...  divert the FBI from looking too hard at Boston; yeah, that's it.

Offline Glom

• Saturn
Re: Re: Boston: Patton Oswalt and Alex Jones
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 02:52:21 AM »

Oh, I'm thinking that the line will either be that Boston was (somehow) a diversion to allow the Waco accident to happen, or Waco was a distraction to, uh...  divert the FBI from looking too hard at Boston; yeah, that's it.

No no. They were both cover for something else. Something ras al-ghoulish. I also include Emirates screwing up my flight just now as part of the conspiracy why not.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 02:53:51 PM »
I wonder what they think the world will be like when they finally defeat the New World Order. Presumably, it will be a world where nothing bad ever happens, since in their definition bad things only happen when the NWO causes them to.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 05:21:45 PM »
I wonder what they think the world will be like when they finally defeat the New World Order.

Meet the new boss, the same as the old boss!
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Chew

• Jupiter
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 05:58:53 PM »
I wonder what they think the world will be like when they finally defeat the New World Order.

They are hoping they will be put in charge so they can put all of those who ridiculed them against the wall.

You just know they fantasize about it.