Author Topic: The Blunder takes on Flat Earthers  (Read 4549 times)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
The Blunder takes on Flat Earthers
« on: September 21, 2020, 02:07:54 PM »
Now here's an interesting twist.

The Blunder From Down Under is getting all angsty with the FE crowd for misrepresenting evidence and cherry picking quotes, somehow managing to avoid a heavily swinging irony hammer:

https://www.aulis.com/PDF/fe_incorrect.pdf

Seems FE latching on to the moon hoax debate gives [cough] serious researchers a bad name.

It's entertaining watching him tiptoe a fine tightrope in supporting NASA while still trying to double down on his own hoax claims. It would be interesting to know if anyone more well versed in his contributions to the wooniverse can spot any contradictions between what he's written in there and what he's claimed in the past.

He adds 'BSc' to his name in the title. No honour to be seen there :D

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
Re: The Blunder takes on Flat Earthers
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 05:14:53 PM »
I don't believe he has actually done a BSc. Does he say where from and when?

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 08:13:14 PM »
I must keep an eye on this... there is very little that is more entertaining in the realm of internet CT debates than watching two sets of clueless intellectual morons battling it out. Its like watching 9/11 "planers" and "no-planers" making idiots of themselves
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Jeff Raven

• Venus
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 08:17:51 PM »
And the document, like his videos, is long.  Sixty-one pages long, to be specific. It's a pity that after all of those years studying science, he still hasn't learned that one of its tenets is succinctness. 

Offline Jeff Raven

• Venus
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 08:27:34 PM »
I don't believe he has actually done a BSc. Does he say where from and when?

Well, I know about a year ago he stated that he was now an astrophysicist, which apparently to him is the same thing as satisfying the courses for an astrophysics minor.  This following his becoming a geologist by completing the core courses for a major in geology about 3 years ago. However, in neither case has he said he has actually graduated, simply fulfilled the major/minor course requirements.  It's possible he's done, and actually has his degree in hand, but who knows?